Getting Frustrated

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
Some of you are aware that I recently got my 2008 Hayabusa (new off the showroom floor) and the charging system was bad. Although I bought it at a dealer 70 miles away, I was fortunate that they had a sister dealer in my area. So I took it to them and turned it in for service with no ill will. I'm very patient if nothing else. i was told, and I was assured that I would have it back no later than Thursday.

Today I call and my service writer is out. I talk to another writer and explain to him the situation. He tells me that the part would not make it in that fast and it would be Friday or Monday. I then explain to him that I was assured it would be ready Thursday. I asked him to check to see if maybe the part was being flown in, but he said that "a charge" didn't exist on my ticket, so it must be coming ground. So I tell him I will talk to my original writer tomorrow.

I am really upset as I had big plans to ride this weekend on my BRAND NEW BIKE. I am going to be furious is this turns out to be true. I think I am being incredibly civil considering that my new bike is out of commission with less than 100 miles on it.

What say you all about this?

I say you are being civil but it seems that some dealers care not for you after they make the sell. I've been told that suzuki is slow on their shipping by one dealer but another dealer said they were very good. Bad part is due to warrenty you don't have much choice i guess. good luck, maybe it'll come in before the weekend.:thumbsup:

Ack...but you guys don't understand....I rode a Harley for years! Now I bought power and I am in a bad way for it. I have actually had a dream about riding it. A dream!

This must be what it's like to separated from your lover. My wife should be so lucky. :laugh:

I called the service mgr at the original dealer and he seems interested in getting to the bottom of it, so I'm very hopeful.

Bro, I completely understand your frustration.
I ordered my Busa off the showroom floor the next day I was told that there was a hold on all sales of 2008 Hayabusas. I had to wait like 28 days till I could get it and I was READY.
At that time there wiring harness issue and it what seemed forever for them to get around to releasing the bikes for sale.

Anyway be cool, I'm sure they want to get your bike to you ASAP.

The parts department may or may not be able to get reimbursed for freight on a warranty claim. If they cant, then they would have to eat it I can tell you from a parts manager's point of view, freight can be crazy these days. Sometimes it can take us 2-3 weeks from Korea/Japan.. its a bad position the OEM manufacturers put us in because then were stuck explaining the manufacturers shortcomings to the customer ( who of course doesnt believe us ). Just try and be patient, if you feel theyre screwing you around, call suzuki customer service and explain the situation. That usually gets the ball rolling a bit faster. My 2 cents.

Let it go and pick bigger battles. The dealership has no control over the bad parts. I bought a brand new Harley that had teeth break off of the ring gear and I felt the same way...I paid 25K for a piece of crap that broke right away! It got fixed and I haven't had an issue since. Let them do their thing, there are much worse things that might happen to your machine if you don't.

ask for some kind of a loaner bike... maybe not a busa but at least you can ride huh?

Feel your frustration, been there with both Harley and Yamaha on parts issues. The dealer will not generally authorize next day air, they take the cheapest method of shipment because that is all they will be reimbursed for. I stepped up and told them I would pay for the next day air out of my own pocket. Heck, one time I even put my Dad in my car and had him drive over 70 miles to the Yamaha distribution center and pick the part up on a will call from the dealer! So I know how frustrating it can be to have a bike down and you are ready to ride, I feel for you. Be patient and when you get the bike back enjoy it that much more!

Thanks for the input folks. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

We'll see what happens tomorrow. *crossing my fingers*

Hmmmm....

How badly do you want to ride this weekend?

1. Get the bike back from the dealer until they have the replacement part.

2. Buy another battery.

3. Buy a battery charger

4. Figure out how to disconnect the wires leading to your headlight...that's a major power consumer.

5. Put freshly charged battery in bike...put discharged battery on charger.

I did this every day for a year with my old CB175 when I was a teen until I found the right part to fix it with at a motorcycle salvage yard. I could get 70 miles from a freshly charged battery with the headlight off...thirteen miles with it on.

Or you could just wait until Monday.

They may just rob a part off a crate bike ???

I like that idea if they told you it would be ready maybe they can do that. As far as them haveing to pay to overnight the part, I can see them not wanting to eat the cost but they should have offered for you to pay for the shipping. If I wanted to ride that bad I would have paid it. Or hhhm maybe anouther dealer in your area has the part and you can go buy it from them. Any how good luck.

I know how you feel. I bought mine the day the recall was issued. Luckily, the dealership got instructions on the fix that day. They delivered my bike late that day. That Sunday (next day), it rained the whole day. Had to wait untilthe following weekend. Bummer. Good luck.

I would be upset too if I was told one thing and then find out its another. However, I always now expect this from dealerships and am always prepared to take this when I hand my bike off to them and just try to remain patient. I don't want the bike back so fast if it means that they are going to hurry and do a bad job and then I have to bring it back again. I think this is something to not get heated about and simply take it with a grain of salt and just make certain they do a good job over a fast one.
On another level, I would be grateful enough that I have a new busa when there are so many who wish they could afford one or afford anything at all right now. Be content that you have a new ride and eventually you will be riding it soon and thank God that you can afford to have one during these bad economic times. Just my broad opinion of the whole situation. You may already know this but just a reminder because its easy to forget when some idiot doesn't come through and pisses you off. :laugh:

some dealers really earn the title of stealership. Customer support is practicaly non existant once you fork over the dollars or sign on the signature line.

You'll just need patience and learn from the leason. Make sure everything is properly communicated to you in detail.

Example: "oh yea we'll order the part and get it done right away"... reply, "would you verify right now that they can ship the part right away and when you'll receive it? Will you call me when the part comes in? Once the part comes in how long will it take the mechanic to instal the part? I understand that the mechanics get busy so will my bike be ready for pickup on the following evening?"

I got it!! The service writer, Frank, was a real champ. He apparently flew the part in and took care of the charge somehow. I asked him why he wasn't the service manager instead of the other guy (that blew me off.) :beerchug:

Anyway, I'm riding this weekend and all is well in the universe! :cheerleader:

Back