Getting a Tobin need your design Input?

sessions

Registered
My wife gave me the money to get a tobin for christmas, im getting ready to send it off but I need the ORG's input on the desing. My Bike is Matte Black with an Orange Accesnt as you can see in the pic. I also have some kanji decals being made in an orange. Now what I need your help with is deciding which style (colors) I should go with. Should I go with the black and orange seat like in the pic or the Black on Black seat. Typically I would do the orange and black because it matches, but I got to thinking if I ever want to paint the bike and go with a diffrent color scheme that seat wouldn't match and I would have to get another one (To much Money). The Black on Black can prety much go with anything, What would you do?

Baxter%20001.jpg

DSC05605a.jpg

100_0025.jpg

Safest bet is black on black. Mine is black with gun metal kanji's, If I ever decided to repaint or something, I would have to keep some gun metal color in there or the seat would just be out of place. :2cents:

black on black is classic... the orange one would really set off the bike IMHO but would look stupid if you switched colors to say green/blue. The real question that no one here can answer is do you really think you are going to change your color pattern in the next two years ??? If not, get the orange one, Tobin can always rework the orange out for black or new color and probably a bit cheaper (might ask him when you get it).

Good luck either way, I'm looking forward to getting a tobin done soon myself :thumbsup:

The real question that no one here can answer is do you really think you are going to change your color pattern in the next two years ???

I can answer that, no you will not chnage it in 2 years or less:whistle:

If not, get the orange one, Tobin can always rework the orange out for black or new color and probably a bit cheaper (might ask him when you get it).

YES, Tobin is one hell of a nice guy, I can see him reworking it later if need be, so go ahead and committ, youre almost there with the orange you might as well go full til and make it look right, you wont be happy unless you do bro...:thumbsup:

So there decision made..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

get the orande riser with the orange kanjiss now and if u want to change later on send it back to tobin and he will jsut reaupholser it for a smaller fee

If you even think you will repaint, Black on Black. Otherwise I would go with Black with Orange Kanjis on either side.

I dig the matte look and the orange is a great accent color so I'd go with the black and orange on the seat. It would limit you if you decided to change it but I guess you're the only one that knows how long you'll keep that scheme.

I was thinking of black with orange risers. Tobin talked me out of it and I'm thankful. Like he said "Way too much orange, it will make the seat the focus". I did black with orange kanji's and 1340R on the riser. Had the back seat cut too. Mistake? Have been told it sucks comfort wise.

I was thinking of black with orange risers. Tobin talked me out of it and I'm thankful. Like he said "Way too much orange, it will make the seat the focus". I did black with orange kanji's and 1340R on the riser. Had the back seat cut too. Mistake? Have been told it sucks comfort wise.

I'll keep that in mind thanks.

If money is really a concern get the matte black, but matte black with orange Kanjis woul be sweet! Think of it another way, if you can afford to go with another paint scheme you should be able to get a new seat (unless you do the painting yourself).

If money is really a concern get the matte black, but matte black with orange Kanjis woul be sweet! Think of it another way, if you can afford to go with another paint scheme you should be able to get a new seat (unless you do the painting yourself).

very true!!! Man it looks 50/50 from what I see, I have a tough desision to make!!!

Thanks for your help Fella's

Back