Get Lighter Inexpensively

lose the stock header/mufflers.
P.S. Best one I've done personally was to lose 40 lbs from my waistline :thumbsup:

Agreed!!!!!!! Spend thousands on Carbon Fiber and titanium or hop on a treadmill and stop stuffing your face with fast food for lunch................:whistle:

Remove all the plastics, mirrors including gas tank just get ya a wally world 2 gal gas jug and duct tape it on the airbox.. remove the summer air from the tires and put ya some winter air in.
Get ya some skinnier tires maybe ya can find some 130/90 17's :Dunno: all these are weight saving ideas and are super cheap.:whistle:

A lot of weight can be taken off depending on what you are doing with the bike. Mine is down to 439 lbs, but its pretty much a race bike (with a plate).
If your not in stop and go traffic all the time, the second fan and oil cooler can be jettisoned. Gen I bikes never had the 2nd fan, and turbos all get rid of the oil cooler.
If you don't plan on riding 2 up, then there are lots of things in the back than can be eliminated such as foot pegs, etc.
If you aren't planning on long comfortable rides, then the weights bolted to the bottom of the pegs, or the bar ends aren't necessary. The bike already has a steering damper so it doesn't need bar ends even at extreem speeds.
If you don't care about a little engine noise, then removing the heavy 1/2 inch thick rubber insulation off the inside of the side covers and the insulation under the tank and such can be eliminated.
If you don't weigh over 200 lbs, you can probably eliminate one of the two front disks and calipers up front.
Everything you remove from your bike is a comprimise from being a very comfortable street bike, to something else...

Remove all the plastics, mirrors including gas tank just get ya a wally world 2 gal gas jug and duct tape it on the airbox.. remove the summer air from the tires and put ya some winter air in.
Get ya some skinnier tires maybe ya can find some 130/90 17's :Dunno: all these are weight saving ideas and are super cheap.:whistle:

:rofl::rofl:

Back