Lightweight Wheel Options?

Depending on the capacity of the scale the precision may be in increments of 5 kg so you could weigh as much as +/- half that increment. Considering both weights came out on the even increment it seems likely there is some rounding going on.

From what I've seen a Gen-2 with a light exhaust and not much else done to it will weigh in around 505 pounds.

Thanks .

I've done all that already
( Gen 2 so savings is more ) .

I also have a lightweight battery .

I'm going to remove the oil cooler
and one front rotor / caliper .

I'm painting the bike this winter
so I'm installing a fiberglass low profile tank .

Wheels are the only remaining "easy" weight loss mod left .

I have finished doing the chassis / handling mods now , I have tried to be fairly thorough as far and still be as law compliant functioning street bike . The bike features aluminum subframe and titanium , Shorai lithium battery , rear footpeg and mounts delete , 3.7kg Ti Brocks , TTX36 rear shock and FGRT208 fork ( over 4kg less ) , BST wheels with ti sprocket bolts and nuts , new lighter titanium wheel and swingarm pivot axles , full titanium engine mount bolts and full rear suspension mounts and full fork , triple clamps pinch bolts , fairings and guard mounts . New lighter top triple and clipon set up just over 1 kg total and engine covers and radiator in aluminum bolts . Some of the above and a lot of extra weight reduction achieved since last weigh in , albiet in small increments like lighter rear sprocket and rear disc , lighter drilled bolts for kickstand , lighter tank cap , removed and cut down any brackets I could , and aluminum bolts for internal areas . I will go back to that same joint to weigh her some time this warmer weather ride season .

my Gen2 with 4:1 exhaust and Rotobox carbon wheels 1/4 fuel in tank 507 lbs - expensive

i also lost 44 lbs during 2018 from Cancer ( in remission now) and new health diet - for free

that's a total of 110 lbs weight loss
That is outstanding weight saving on your beast bro , she'd be handling real nice for you I bet . The wheels are very light and pipe is a proven performer .
Just wanted to say I am glad your Cancer is in remission , you are obviously a strong positive fighter , take care mate and keep us posted on how your rides are going on the trick Busa .

thank you very much ROADTOAD1340 :)

looking forward to buying new leather for next season

my current ones feel like i'm wearing Clown's pants, keep expecting someone to pull the slack and pour a bucket of water down them.

pants completely fall down if not zipped to jacket

I have finished doing the chassis / handling mods now , I have tried to be fairly thorough as far and still be as law compliant functioning street bike . The bike features aluminum subframe and titanium , Shorai lithium battery , rear footpeg and mounts delete , 3.7kg Ti Brocks , TTX36 rear shock and FGRT208 fork ( over 4kg less ) , BST wheels with ti sprocket bolts and nuts , new lighter titanium wheel and swingarm pivot axles , full titanium engine mount bolts and full rear suspension mounts and full fork , triple clamps pinch bolts , fairings and guard mounts . New lighter top triple and clipon set up just over 1 kg total and engine covers and radiator in aluminum bolts . Some of the above and a lot of extra weight reduction achieved since last weigh in , albiet in small increments like lighter rear sprocket and rear disc , lighter drilled bolts for kickstand , lighter tank cap , removed and cut down any brackets I could , and aluminum bolts for internal areas . I will go back to that same joint to weigh her some time this warmer weather ride season .

i weighed mine using bathroom scales up to 28 stone (392 lbs) , put front tyre on get front weight and then weigh the rear tyre mass

only 1 to 2 bs of error when added together

Good info guys.

Here is the funny part. I bought and installed R1 wheels, sold the bike a couple weeks ago, bought another, and am back in the same quandary.
Hey Dennis , I realize running 2 bikes you must be on a careful planned budget , but what would be the ultimate best light race wheel option , if $ no object . This is for the lightest of the 2 racers you are running ?

My grey bike is lighter than the blue bike that I sold. The wheels are about the same but the grey bike has some other stuff to make it lighter. The lightest wheels are probably going to be carbon fiber which is a no brainer on the rear ($ no object) but the pro-street guys are actually running heavy front wheels. They have minimum weight requirements so might as well put the weight where it helps. For a guy with me with no weight minimum, it would be interesting to see how removing weight from the front hurts the 60' but helps down track. Not sure how that would all play out and what the optimum wheel would be. I think for me with the 1/8 mile heads up stuff I run the light front wheels don't have as much payback in performance compared to running 1/4.

Back