suzuki is officially incorrect on busa weight!

youkoolele

Registered
by motorcyclist this month: 2008 hayabusa without fuel is 559pds with fuel(21liters) 592 pds. bking without fuel 552pds with fuel(16.6liters) 578pds...so the bking (without fuel is acually 7 pounds lighter and with both full of gaz the bking is 14 pounds lighter...so if the bking is true weight announced of 235kgs the busa is closer to 238kgs dry at best!!!

Are the fuel tanks of the same capacity? If the Bking has a smaller tank (by apprx. 1 gal) you would accumulate less weight.

How many gallons is the tank on the BKing?

Food for thought

If the bking and busa are so similar and the bking is naked can't you account some of the weight in the fairings of the busa?

A motorcycle manufacturer gave us incorrect bike weights  
SHOCKED.gif

rofl.gif

busa = 21 liters
bking = 16.5 liters

so thats alot of fuel in that liters, not to sure on your damn american gallon sizes.

The bking in stock forum on paper is meant to be heavyer so it was understandable it would be lighter full fueled up due to having a smaller tank.

Since you can get about 200kms(130miles) out of a bking tank

i'll be the mean guy.. getting used to it these days at work..

youkoolele learn something on your own before you post up. great 7th post
lurk.gif

i just got a invite for 8.95% financing from suzuki and they state the busa's lighter...yeah...

Got to tell ya. I love my busa but it probably will be the last heavy sport bike I ever purchase. Love the power hate the weight.

It's my understanding that when the manufacturer weighs the bike for dry weight it is really dry. No fluids whatsoever and maybe even without air in the tires. A magazine dry weight is the weight without gas. You'll have to figure out how much the oil, brake and clutch fluid, and coolant. Oh yeah chain oil and air in the tires. But obviously there are going to be weight differences. Not to mention I don't think I've ever seen one review on a bike where the magazine's weight matched the mfr weight. Has anybody?

Dry weight usually means no fuel, oil, brake fluid, coolant and sometimes no battery either. Maybe they suck the air out of the tyres too! I wonder what MY dry weight is......

i'll be the mean guy.. getting used to it these days at work..

youkoolele learn something on your own before you post up. great 7th post  
lurk.gif
stfu stupid ass, i think most people would agree that actual realworld numbers IS usefull informations, if not then ill shut up
hello.gif

People these days
banghead.gif
And YOURE the one giving **** to people at work
clap.gif

Back