TommyBusa1

Registered
IMG_0111.jpeg

IMG_0112.jpeg

IMG_0113.jpeg

IMG_0114.jpeg

IMG_0111.jpeg

IMG_0110.jpeg

Looking closely at your pics, I’m wondering if a gen3 oil lines and cooler will swap over to my gen2?
I hate I have to drop the oil line to get access to my filter and it looks like they have changed the route of the lines a bit and it may be able to remove filter without dropping the oil line…

Hmmmm

Looking closely at your pics, I’m wondering if a gen3 oil lines and cooler will swap over to my gen2?
I hate I have to drop the oil line to get access to my filter and it looks like they have changed the route of the lines a bit and it may be able to remove filter without dropping the oil line…

Hmmmm
I don’t see why not. Do you want me to send you any pics with measurements?

If you just gut the converter, and leave an empty shell, you'll lose back pressure and low rpm throttle response.
Replace the converter with pipe, and better yet, an H or X pipe to join them.
is that loss of response due to not being tuned? not saying it wont happen but curious to the reason why especially if you have done that mod to your busa. i do agree with the x/h pipe working better than an empty chamber but probably due to better exhaust savaging and not back pressure.

is that loss of response due to not being tuned? not saying it wont happen but curious to the reason why especially if you have done that mod to your busa. i do agree with the x/h pipe working better than an empty chamber but probably due to better exhaust savaging and not back pressure.

I gutted the comvertor on my gen2 and experienced exact thing that I mentioned above, which is exactly what I expected.
I did it to get rid of the excessive heat(which it did) until I bought a full exhaust for it.
A tune would have helped, but could not have corrected the problem.
I ran the bike that way with and without mufflers too, as well as cut factory mufflers, all only causing a change in sound, the loss of low rpm throttle response/back pressure remained.

Back