gen2 forks on a gen1

turbo11

Registered
anyone know if gen2 lower and forks will swap out on a gen1, not concerned about the wheel or brakes, only if I can remove my 06 forks and lower, then swap in my gen2 forks and lower. Thanks

I know a few guys here have done the full front end swap, but I never heard what, if any Gen1 parts stayed in the conversion. Of the tube diameters are the same.I don't know why it wouldn't work, maybe look up the specs on those?

Yes, lower & forks fit right on. And from the way it sounds you already got the wheel/brakes covered. Gen 1 wheel does work, just some spacing fixes on calipers,axle and if i remember maybe on rotors. No biggy though.

DSCN8248.jpg

DSCN8271.jpg

DSCN8355.jpg

DSCN8299.jpg

Yeah I got the lower and forks and just needed to know before I pull it apart if it was just a simple remove and replace deal, running R1 wheels so I already got the axle and made spacers, got the Gen2 calipers for it also, thanks for responding.:thumbsup:

the for tubes are a direct swap but for my bike i just chose the gold tubed gen 1's and used the stock mounting hardware other than my upper tree but that looks awesome with the newer style brake mounting system

Back