Gen2 adjust idle

Gen 2 does not adjust via the stop , but through the ECU . On the right of the Throttle bodies you have the IAC doing the idle job .
Dead right, it’s the Gen 1 that is adjusted with a cable adjuster on the throttle plate stop.
If the idle is adjusted with the set screw on the throttle plates on the Gen 2, opening the plates and allowing air in, it will mess up the the throttle position sensor setting and also the idle air controller (IAC) will constantly try to control the idle due to the throttle plates being slightly open at idle, instead of being fully closed, and the idle will be lumpy and never smooth.
Long winded explanation but it’s basically the reason for NOT messing with that adjuster screw on Gen 2s.

Dead right, it’s the Gen 1 that is adjusted with a cable adjuster on the throttle plate stop.
If the idle is adjusted with the set screw on the throttle plates on the Gen 2, opening the plates and allowing air in, it will mess up the the throttle position sensor setting and also the idle air controller (IAC) will constantly try to control the idle due to the throttle plates being slightly open at idle, instead of being fully closed, and the idle will be lumpy and never smooth.
Long winded explanation but it’s basically the reason for NOT messing with that adjuster screw on Gen 2s.

Generally if I recall the idle speed control is removed on a turbo bike. I know mine is.

Idle speed control and idle air control is the same thing isn't it?

Generally if I recall the idle speed control is removed on a turbo bike. I know mine is.

Idle speed control and idle air control is the same thing isn't it?
It is the same thing, yes.
I never knew it’s disabled on turbo bikes....
Why?

Risk of blowing the damn thing out.
Though I recall Rob @boosting he leaves it on and hasn't seen any issues
How does the damn thing get “blown out”?

Ive never eliminated or disabled the iac on a gen 2. In most cases a gen 2 with the idle adjusted via the screw tend to want to die when free revving when the engine is trying to return back to idle.

If you have a modified gen 2 that isn’t ideling correctly more then likely the tune is too rich or lean or timing values where the bike idles are all over the place.

How does the damn thing get “blown out”?

Ive never eliminated or disabled the iac on a gen 2. In most cases a gen 2 with the idle adjusted via the screw tend to want to die when free revving when the engine is trying to return back to idle.

If you have a modified gen 2 that isn’t ideling correctly more then likely the tune is too rich or lean or timing values where the bike idles are all over the place.
RCC instructions say to remove it because of the potential to get pushed out
If that's not necessary then by all means

ya at rcc we leave it in. the only reason it was ever removed as far as i know, was for the older intercooler. the ultra1000 plenum thats been out for several years now fits with a larger core and lets you retain the idle valve. Ive built 650hp bikes and left it in. no issues.

ive also adjusted the idle manually on several turbo gen 2 bikes and simply reset the tps to zero again. they behave much nicer when you do.

Back