Idle Questions.

Ham

Registered
Not saying i need to do it, im just wondering why no idle adjustment on the gen2 hayabusa.

There is an idle adjustment; it just happens to be in the ECU as far as I know. :) Dang new fangled EFI...

Woolich has the equipment needed to flash the ECU and the ability to change the idle and now has a stateside distributor. Go to the Woolich's site and there will be a link.
Personally I haven't had the best of luck raising the idle through the ECU, Justin had an explanation that the ECU has to "learn" the new setting etc. If you look in your service manual there is kind of the same story about idle speed, synchronizing TBs and setting the ISC, a little above my pay grade.
I've just adjusted my idle with a 7mm wrench and allen wrench on that screw you are never suppose to touch because bad things will happen.....4 years ago.

Woolich has the equipment needed to flash the ECU and the ability to change the idle and now has a stateside distributor. Go to the Woolich's site and there will be a link.
Personally I haven't had the best of luck raising the idle through the ECU, Justin had an explanation that the ECU has to "learn" the new setting etc. If you look in your service manual there is kind of the same story about idle speed, synchronizing TBs and setting the ISC, a little above my pay grade.
I've just adjusted my idle with a 7mm wrench and allen wrench on that screw you are never suppose to touch because bad things will happen.....4 years ago.
i saw that screw also, it has some glue or something on it.

I recommend the Boost by Smith interface and ECU editor if you don't need the features Woolich offers, or if you don't want to give up the features ECU editor offers.

Back