Gen1 tail on Gen2

Santos9899

Registered
anyone intersted in doing a Gen1 tail conversion on the Gen2 busa

like this?
IMG_7951.jpg

what do you think?

looks good gen1 and gen2 i want a gen2 on my gen1. I just need a good place for parts.Meaning cheap prices.

i personally think that the gen1 tail looks better on the gen2 and vise versa.

the gen2 (again my opinion only) has too much curves. with a simple gen1 tail it balances out evenly. the gen1 has alot of flat panels not too many curves so the gen2 tail makes it stand out a bit more.

whats your opinion on it? chime in

i am looking to do a gen2 swap on my gen1.

personally i prefer the 1k tail, but that looks a lot better than the gen 2 tail

i personally think that the gen1 tail looks better on the gen2 and vise versa.

the gen2 (again my opinion only) has too much curves. with a simple gen1 tail it balances out evenly. the gen1 has alot of flat panels not too many curves so the gen2 tail makes it stand out a bit more.

whats your opinion on it? chime in

i am looking to do a gen2 swap on my gen1.

I just finished the Gen 2 on my Gen 1. I am still waiting on my chromed passenger pegs to get in. I am also deciding on what else to add to the tail.

Images are click-able I took these with my phone so clarity could be better

th_IMG00241.jpg th_IMG00242.jpg th_IMG00243.jpg

that bike looks good man....like i said I think the 2g tail looks better on a 1g busa and the 1g busa tail on a 2g....

anyone else have a tail swap? perferbly a 1g 2g tail swap..i have seen the gsxr1000 tail swap but dont like it too much...it makes the busa look like a body builder who never works out his legs...its too skinny

I don't get it, why get something your not happy with. If the gen2 tail isn't you thing then don't get the gen2. Why all the changes this tail that tail, some people are never happy..??? I got the gen2 and love the tail

i get that you dont get it. but it was just my opinion on what the tail looks like on the different models....

i like my tail on my busa but in my opinion by swaping out the tail from the different years 99-07 to 08-09 it balances out the bike...its not that i or others are un happy with it but sometimes you want a change but still keep the old...

I don't get it, why get something your not happy with. If the gen2 tail isn't you thing then don't get the gen2. Why all the changes this tail that tail, some people are never happy..??? I got the gen2 and love the tail

honestly I agree and disagree with you...

I have had my bike and put and asston of work and love into. I love the Gen2 minus the tail.

I'd say I love the Gen2 more than mine....more power and better just about all around minus the tail. To me it just doesn't match the bike.

The Gen1 had a smaller ass and looks amazing...especially with an undertail.

Its not really about being happy....my bike is 7 yrs old....for anything high perfomance that is a long damn time.....and its still kicking as strong as ever.

but if there was a kit or company that made a tailsection to fit it....I'd be at the dealer tomorrow ordering an extra busa.

That's the thing I am very happy with my 1 Gen, but I like the Tail on the Gen 2. Why go spend another 10-12K on another bike. I am into custom all the way around and I love the color that my bike is currently that is why I bought it. If they had that same pearl I would have been amp to get a Gen 2. I just like to be different, but it all goes back to your bike, my bike, everyone does different thing to them, that is what make them your own. :thumbsup:

anyone intersted in doing a Gen1 tail conversion on the Gen2 busa

like this?
IMG_7951.jpg

what do you think?

Well I think it's awesome.. exactly what i have been lookin at.

I don't suppose you are able to give us a blow by blow of what was required to do the changes... :please:

Back