Gen1 Stock tire Lovers (what will replace the BT56)

Red Man

Registered
The Gen1 BT56 stock tires are no longer being manufactured:mad2:. I was a BT56 ambassador because this tire was excellent in every way. I posted and responded adimently in regard to the street performance of this brand. Now that my beloved tire will no longer be made, are there any stock lovers like myself that know what tire is equal to or is better than the BT56. I have heard and seen reviews on the GEN2 stock tire that were not so good;:whistle: especially in the milage department.
The following is why IMO the BT56 was the best street tire for the BUSA:

My Bike: 2004 LE
Price: cheaper than most brands @ particular online stores
Milage: far exceeds most I have seen, I have put over 18,000 miles on my bike and only changed my rear twice no kidding.
Performance:holds the road in all conditions, never slipped out; EVER. tremendous cornering ability!

I know most will say that particular name brands are the better tire but I'm asking for the Stock lovers opinion on what is the best tire categorically to replace the beloved BT56:dunno:. However all opinions are welcome.

I like the PP...... about the same milage out of it and likely better grip.
One of the sponsors have it for under 300 to the door for a set
Many others will advise .

Bridgestone BT-015 replaced the BT-056 :beerchug:
not too bad of a tire but the mileage wear is brutal. you will start showing right around 3500 miles. i don't know if the bt-016 will fit but that is what i would look into if you want to stick w/ bridgestone.

16 is the replacement for the 15..

016 front/ 021 Rear (the 021 front stinks)

18k on only two tire changes, I would guess you would do alright on just about any tire that comes as stock equipment on any year Busa. It sounds like your not that hard or crazy on rear tires (I don't mean that in as an insult).

I do trackdays on Bridgestones but for the street I honestly go with what is on sale at the time considering not too many places near Vegas where I can drag a knee. I figure the biggest part of selecting tires is to go with what makes you feel comfortable. It doesn't matter if your "comfortable" choice is based on tread pattern, manufacture history, cost or reviews when it comes to a tire that is for non race course riding.

18k on only two tire changes, I would guess you would do alright on just about any tire that comes as stock equipment on any year Busa. It sounds like your not that hard or crazy on rear tires (I don't mean that in as an insult).

I do trackdays on Bridgestones but for the street I honestly go with what is on sale at the time considering not too many places near Vegas where I can drag a knee. I figure the biggest part of selecting tires is to go with what makes you feel comfortable. It doesn't matter if your "comfortable" choice is based on tread pattern, manufacture history, cost or reviews when it comes to a tire that is for non race course riding.
Which Stones are you riding on the track? BTW, nice "Santa" boots... (dont let UncleSteve see those) :rofl:

I started with bt002 RS and those are what I know so those are what I stick with until I can't find them anymore. I run them on my Busa and ZX-10R. Yea I know there are newer and better but its a comfort factor and I am not good enough to ride at a level that is past their abilities.

Milage: far exceeds most I have seen, I have put over 18,000 miles on my bike and only changed my rear twice no kidding.
Performance:holds the road in all conditions, never slipped out; EVER. tremendous cornering ability!

That may be a bit of a stretch but I do agree with your other assessments. The BTO56 was a very good tire for the streets.

If you changed your tire twice in 18K miles, you were getting 6K per tire. Pretty good I'd say. I actually got 6K out of a rear 56 once. My average was around 4K though.

The BTO16 is now the replacement for the 56. The 15 actually took it's place and now the 16 is an upgraded 15. Both great tires. However, you will never get as many miles from the 16 as your 56 but in return you get way more grip across the entire surface of the tire.

Bogus has the best idea for your busa IMO! BT016 front (Keeps the front well planted) and BTO21 rear (Great mileage with dual compound providing a nice grip at steep lean angles) The two tires should wear out about the same time. This combo will be my next set of busa shoes! :beerchug:

The Gen1 BT56 stock tires are no longer being manufactured:mad2:. I was a BT56 ambassador because this tire was excellent in every way. I posted and responded adimently in regard to the street performance of this brand. Now that my beloved tire will no longer be made, are there any stock lovers like myself that know what tire is equal to or is better than the BT56. I have heard and seen reviews on the GEN2 stock tire that were not so good;:whistle: especially in the milage department.

I know most will say that particular name brands are the better tire but I'm asking for the Stock lovers opinion on what is the best tire categorically to replace the beloved BT56:dunno:. However all opinions are welcome.

dude...if you can make statement of....

"I have put over 18,000 miles on my bike and only changed my rear twice no kidding.
"

then there is no way you're riding hard enough to judge tire performnce orrrrr tire life...cause if that ia the case?....who's to say ya wouldn't get 20K miles out of a set of michelin pilots?...or Pilot Roads?..or?..Dunlop Q2's for that matter...no kidding...L8R, Bill. :cool:

I am on my second set of 016's and I like them a lot. Pretty darn good mileage (8,000) miles good turn in and grip in all weather conditions especially rain. Wardie

dude...if you can make statement of....

"I have put over 18,000 miles on my bike and only changed my rear twice no kidding.
"

then there is no way you're riding hard enough to judge tire performnce orrrrr tire life...cause if that ia the case?....who's to say ya wouldn't get 20K miles out of a set of michelin pilots?...or Pilot Roads?..or?..Dunlop Q2's for that matter...no kidding...L8R, Bill. :cool:

You would probably be correct in your assesment, however, in my case it comes down to cost. I was getting my tires on line at the motorcycle superstore for a steal of a price. $140 for the rear and $102 for the front. they had the best prices for the 56 i have seen anywhere. so compared to the price ranges on the tires you mentioned with wear and performance, the 56 won that battle for me easily.

Holy crap people... with all due respect.. do some of you ever twist the throttle??

Dang... I've gone thru two sets of 56's, two sets of PP's, one set of Qualifiers and one set of 016's in right at 16K.

The 16's went away the quickest, (2300) but they are also the least expensive..and they stick.. so I'm probably gonna spoon on another set.

For you... what about a set of Pilot Road 2's?? I'd wager they'd stick better than the 56's, and should get good wear.

alot of new tyres on the market now.pirelli Angel,Pirelli diablo rosso corsa and qualifier 2.Anyone tried them before?Looking for the best combination.I am not really comfortable with bridgestone though compared with the others:whistle:

Holy crap people... with all due respect.. do some of you ever twist the throttle??

Dang... I've gone thru two sets of 56's, two sets of PP's, one set of Qualifiers and one set of 016's in right at 16K.

The 16's went away the quickest, (2300) but they are also the least expensive..and they stick.. so I'm probably gonna spoon on another set.

For you... what about a set of Pilot Road 2's?? I'd wager they'd stick better than the 56's, and should get good wear.

Than you are wrong.BT 56 sticks better and corners better.Look at the shap of the tyres and it tells it all:whistle:

Wow, 18k & only changed rear tire twice?!?!?! That is incredible! The most milage out of stock tire Ive gotten was around 3k. Might be the type of roads, mixed in with the heat down here...I switched to Pilot Road 2's & love them...Almost 8k on rear tire & looks only half worn....Handling is great, no slips...This Pilot Road 2's will be the only tire I go with from now on...

i got 7K miles outta my rear stock BT-56 and another 2K miles outta the front.....switched to BT-16's front and rear and LOVE the handling (went to a 180 tire on the rear)....never will switch again!

Wow, 18k & only changed rear tire twice?!?!?! That is incredible! The most milage out of stock tire Ive gotten was around 3k. Might be the type of roads, mixed in with the heat down here...I switched to Pilot Road 2's & love them...Almost 8k on rear tire & looks only half worn....Handling is great, no slips...This Pilot Road 2's will be the only tire I go with from now on...

I live down in Georgia, so I know a little something about the heat and the road. Not to mention that I am a motorcycle commuter, I ride about 44 miles round trip hot and cold, as long as it's not raining, I am NOT a POSER. My bike is ridden daily and I do ride long distances. N. GA; S.C.; Barber in AL. for example. No burnouts or immature stuff like that. I do open it up when the opportunity presents itself, I have seen 150mph and better. So for me the 56 was the best Bang for the buck.

Can anyone advise based on below pix, is it time to replace the rear? I have 7K on it but it does look OK still - just need more opinions for safety sake. Thanks in advance.

7k.jpg

Back