Gen II transmission 2nd gear

Spkrdctr

Registered
Has anyone with a Gen II bike had any trouble with the 2nd gear problem that bothered Gen I bikes? I know its undercut now, but I wanted to know if that really took care of the problem. I'm going to start running my bike harder and didn't want 2nd gear issues. Thanks for the info!

Haven't heard a complaint. Four years of hard riding on these bikes. Great thread, reminds me of the nice job they did on the Gen II.

I just wish I could get mine to shift into first at a stoplight:tantrum:

It will get better, it just needs a few miles on it.
Just ease out on the clutch while pushing the shifter down.
Mine stopped doing it after about 2k milles.

Thats what I have come up with searching old posts. Coming from a honda, the busa tranny is a cadillac. No clunking and smooth shifting. Not being able to downshift unless i'm coasting up to a stop drives me nuts though.

Thats what I have come up with searching old posts. Coming from a honda, the busa tranny is a cadillac. No clunking and smooth shifting. Not being able to downshift unless i'm coasting up to a stop drives me nuts though.

It is a nice tranny! I too am a Honda convert. I have surprised myself with it's smoothness thinking that I was getting better but that cant be!!:laugh:

I've made a habit to shift down into first and then back to neutral just before the bike stops moving. I believe the owners manual specifies to do it below 14 MPH. If you do that, it'll go right back into first when you're ready to move again.

However, if you have forgotten to do that and are stopped and in neutral, you should be able to get it to shift into first if you fully pump the clutch one time before you try to shift into gear. After you pump the clutch (lever all the way in and all the way out) one time, you should be able to re-engage the clutch and go right into first gear.

If all else fails, you can roll the bike forward a little bit in Flintstones mode and then you should be able to put it back into gear as normal.

It will get better, it just needs a few miles on it.
Just ease out on the clutch while pushing the shifter down.
Mine stopped doing it after about 2k milles.

I agree. I had problems before it was broken in too. Then I realized I needed to let the clutch out a little bit to shift into first myself. It was not a problem to shift into first after a few thousand miles like sixpack

My GenII has a definite 2nd gear problem.

At around 9,000 RMP in 2nd gear the front wheel lifts off the ground, I hate it when that happens.

had that problem once clutch bolts was loose three of them backed out.. then the next week i put a brocks ultra clutch mod in never had that problem again

Back