Gen II that's been "Cheesed", (Thanks Johnny Cheese!!!!!)

Cool. That's how I responded initially. Then , in response to the other gent, it seemed that you were alluding to pumped numbers, ( that's the way he took your reply). Sorry about the misunderstanding. You know how the proverbial stubbed toe turns into a full amputation, lol.
And, to answer your question, his opinion is it's not worth messing with unless you are producing huge numbers that need to be maintained for a sustained period. Basically said it would fluctuate too much to be used in anything but sustained top speed runs.
Any more technical than that, u would have to ask him...
no hard feelings man, congrats on your Hp results.

Ram air compensation is very much a function of the stock ecu since 1999. The ecu looks at speed and rpm to determine how much more fuel to throw at the motor. What does this mean on the dyno, when the bike is not moving? What it means is that any fuel curve developed will change when the bike is actually at speed. In fact, the bike will run leaner on top because ram air comp was not taken into consideration.

That is why all of Brock's maps are "fat" on the top, and don't make the most hp on the dyno. His maps take into account the ram air effect, and they compensate for the extra air coming down the ram air tubes - so the air/fuel will be correct at speed, instead of being lean.

That is why POWERHOUSE turns OFF ram air compensation during the tuning session, and turns it back on when the bike comes off the dyno . . .:poke:
Thanks for the explanation, I didn't know that there was a on/off setting for ram air compensation, is that a feature in the ECU editor?

jeez, makes me want to head in for a tune. where is this "cheezeman" located?

It is pretty ridiculous....people spend crazy money on mods trying to get just "a little more", only to find out they were up to 20 hp/10fpt challenged off the showroom floor.
If dealers were to become proactive, they would have something to go back to the manufacturer with.
Oh well, I'll keep mine!!!View attachment 238105

I have a Husqvarna, with a very small dealer network in comparison to Suzuki. They did exactly that and ended up getting into big trouble with the Fed.

JC does great work, he has tuned 2 of my bikes. Looking forward to taking my 1441 to him for a tune. anyone going to the TX mile in march?

I sure would like to, Got a local girl here that competes on her Busa,,,
May have to just save the $ for the trip to Round Rock for the Cheese majic....
Mike
JC does great work, he has tuned 2 of my bikes. Looking forward to taking my 1441 to him for a tune. anyone going to the TX mile in march?

My question is: What do you have in store for those 2.3 ponies you purchased for $250? :poke: :laugh:

What the dyno numbers on nitrous? Will you be tuning on c-16..
:cheerleader::laugh: Went up yesterday, and had Johnny Cheese work some of his magic. Super straight shooter, and just a good guy to talk to in general. Probably forgotten more about wrenching than most of us will ever know, lol.
Got " GO GO Yubari "up on the lift after removing that pesky Power Commander V, and did a pull using the stock map. Set up is as follows:
Brock's AlienHead
BMC Race Filter
Pair Valve blocked off
Mumbled something along the lines of "Hmmm. Need to run that again to be sure....". Did a second pull, you got said "Yep...you got a good one. Only the third Gen II I've gotten over 190 hp out of with the stock map. Alot of 'em can't get there even after being tuned. I'll probably only be able to get another 3 more hp out of it, or so."
Then he started tweaking it using ECU Editor, (thanks Petrik, Greg, and everyone involved!!!).
Ended up at over 194 hp, 113.7 fpt, and smooth as butter!!!!!!!!! Might be a little higher, due to the rear tire starting starting to slip!!!!!(over 100 dyno miles, lol.)!!!!
What I found really interesting during the course of the day, is how thorough the man is. You can tell he gets in the zone, and tunes because he truly enjoys it. Won't quit until he's gotten everything out of it he can. Awesome.
Also, very knowledgeable on the capabilities of Ecu Editor. Has me sold on puttin' a dry 50 shot on. Hell 50 hp for less than $400, using ethe stock Ecu, and internals!!! I'm in!!!!

Best $250 I"ve ever spent.

Power Commander V for sale, cheap, lol.:laugh:

On a side note, he went into the PCV and looked at the map they provide with the Alien Head and BMC set up. Some of it makes sense, alot of it didn't. Nothing against Brock's, it's just ever bike is different. As mentioned before, new Busa's come out of the crate with up to a 20 hp differential. And no one knows why......:whistle:

Well....getting the powerband dialed isn't just about the top HP numbers....2.3 hp, (probably closer to 4, tire started to slip), isn't much, I know. He went in and tweaked on the ignition maps, shut off the secondary butterflys, etc. ended up leaving with a much better feeling delivery, though. Snappier off the line, smoother through the revs, etc. What's the point of putting out a ton of cash on performance mods, (bolt on or otherwise), if you aren't going to get the bike tuned to it's peak potential? Plus, now I know where the numbers are..
Well worth it to me.

maybe i'll have to stop by when i go to the tx2k13 supra meet. or sooner, if i get a wild hair...

Peak power isn't the most important thing in a custom tune, that's just a small peace of the puzzle.... ;)

Ya know Josh, there really are people that will spend $2,000 on great mods, and then are too cheap to finish the project for that extra $250. :banghead:
Some people have all the answers, and don't even know the question.....:rofl:

Those are darn good #'s. For comparison by 11' w/ brocks short meg, ecu tune, and BMC went 184rwhp w/ 1000mi on the engine. Then on a different dyno in same weather conditions but with 3500mi went 191rwhp/110rwtq. NO additional tuning was done the 2nd time. Just 2 pulls at a dyno shootout. Probably no more than 50mi worth of dyno miles (12-15 pulls).

Back