Gen II that's been "Cheesed", (Thanks Johnny Cheese!!!!!)

crusty369

Registered
:cheerleader::laugh: Went up yesterday, and had Johnny Cheese work some of his magic. Super straight shooter, and just a good guy to talk to in general. Probably forgotten more about wrenching than most of us will ever know, lol.
Got " GO GO Yubari "up on the lift after removing that pesky Power Commander V, and did a pull using the stock map. Set up is as follows:
Brock's AlienHead
BMC Race Filter
Pair Valve blocked off
Mumbled something along the lines of "Hmmm. Need to run that again to be sure....". Did a second pull, you got said "Yep...you got a good one. Only the third Gen II I've gotten over 190 hp out of with the stock map. Alot of 'em can't get there even after being tuned. I'll probably only be able to get another 3 more hp out of it, or so."
Then he started tweaking it using ECU Editor, (thanks Petrik, Greg, and everyone involved!!!).
Ended up at over 194 hp, 113.7 fpt, and smooth as butter!!!!!!!!! Might be a little higher, due to the rear tire starting starting to slip!!!!!(over 100 dyno miles, lol.)!!!!
What I found really interesting during the course of the day, is how thorough the man is. You can tell he gets in the zone, and tunes because he truly enjoys it. Won't quit until he's gotten everything out of it he can. Awesome.
Also, very knowledgeable on the capabilities of Ecu Editor. Has me sold on puttin' a dry 50 shot on. Hell 50 hp for less than $400, using ethe stock Ecu, and internals!!! I'm in!!!!

Best $250 I"ve ever spent.

Power Commander V for sale, cheap, lol.:laugh:

On a side note, he went into the PCV and looked at the map they provide with the Alien Head and BMC set up. Some of it makes sense, alot of it didn't. Nothing against Brock's, it's just ever bike is different. As mentioned before, new Busa's come out of the crate with up to a 20 hp differential. And no one knows why......:whistle:

There is definitely something Suzuki ain't saying because the 11s are coming stronger than the 08-09s.
I've seen only one 08 here make that power (got-busa) stock and no 09s? But numerous 11s at diff tuners are putting high 180s-190 out stock. Mine baselined at 167! But when done with Brock's AH, K&N and PcV it makes 191hp now. In the end the two are not so different but stock there is a big one.

Nice figs and congrats.

And oh yeah, pics and dyno chart or it didn't happen :laugh:

Yeah. Need to call Johnny. Chart pic he put on my laptop is really blurry. Hopefully he still has the screen shot on his flash drive. Should, since we just did it yesterday.

Congrats Crusty! :thumbsup:

Johnny knows his stuff that's for sure... :beerchug:

Its hard to believe there is so much variance in bikes right out of the factory but its true. I've seen a bike with the EXACT same mods as mine make 10whp less... :(

I don't know if its break in or cam timing or what but there is a larger difference between bikes than most people think.

Maybe its the break in process being used has something to do with the ring seat and compression on some of these great running 190+ BUsas?
What was your break in procedure Crusty?

Rode the hell out of it, lol. Had a ticket, (first in over 10 years, and I'm a truck driver), 45 minutes after I rolled off the showroom floor.
I asked Mr. Cheese the same question, and he shrugged. Definitely not break in though. I am a firm believer that a manufacture is not going to trust a driver to "properly" break in a vehicle, period. By the Moss act, they have to honor the warranty period, regardless.
In the future, if I buy a new sport bike, it will have to be dyno'd before I buy. If a dealer doesn't want to let me do that, I will buy elsewhere.
Like Johnny said, I got lucky (;~}€
He's sending me a better pic of my chart, and I'll post later today....

It is pretty ridiculous....people spend crazy money on mods trying to get just "a little more", only to find out they were up to 20 hp/10fpt challenged off the showroom floor.
If dealers were to become proactive, they would have something to go back to the manufacturer with.
Oh well, I'll keep mine!!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327255997.272273.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327255997.272273.jpg

if I buy a new sport bike, it will have to be dyno'd before I buy. If a dealer doesn't want to let me do that, I will buy elsewhere.

Good luck with that. I highly doubt that any dealer will allow you to put miles on a new showroom bike just so you get one with the highest HP/TQ #'s
Hmmm ohh that one only put 176 on the dyno let me take the white one Ohh that one put 191RWHP I will take the white one, Thats why I bought White :poke:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327265938.076343.jpg
Here is the sheet. Couple of pulls before, it was at 194+. Johnny figured out the tire was starting to slip, (man, dynoing eats some rubber,lol).
Setup
ECU editor
Brock's Alien Head
BMC Race Filter
Pair blocked and shut off

What you don't see is how much smoother the fat girl runs out now after Johnny worked his magic....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327265938.076343.jpg

:cheerleader::laugh: Went up yesterday, and had Johnny Cheese work some of his magic. Super straight shooter, and just a good guy to talk to in general. Probably forgotten more about wrenching than most of us will ever know, lol.
Got " GO GO Yubari "up on the lift after removing that pesky Power Commander V, and did a pull using the stock map. Set up is as follows:
Brock's AlienHead
BMC Race Filter
Pair Valve blocked off
Mumbled something along the lines of "Hmmm. Need to run that again to be sure....". Did a second pull, you got said "Yep...you got a good one. Only the third Gen II I've gotten over 190 hp out of with the stock map. Alot of 'em can't get there even after being tuned. I'll probably only be able to get another 3 more hp out of it, or so."
Then he started tweaking it using ECU Editor, (thanks Petrik, Greg, and everyone involved!!!).
Ended up at over 194 hp, 113.7 fpt, and smooth as butter!!!!!!!!! Might be a little higher, due to the rear tire starting starting to slip!!!!!(over 100 dyno miles, lol.)!!!!
What I found really interesting during the course of the day, is how thorough the man is. You can tell he gets in the zone, and tunes because he truly enjoys it. Won't quit until he's gotten everything out of it he can. Awesome.
Also, very knowledgeable on the capabilities of Ecu Editor. Has me sold on puttin' a dry 50 shot on. Hell 50 hp for less than $400, using ethe stock Ecu, and internals!!! I'm in!!!!

On a side note, he went into the PCV and looked at the map they provide with the Alien Head and BMC set up. Some of it makes sense, alot of it didn't. Nothing against Brock's, it's just ever bike is different. As mentioned before, new Busa's come out of the crate with up to a 20 hp differential. And no one knows why......:whistle:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327266565.673578.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327266565.673578.jpg

Brock's AlienHead
BMC Race Filter
Pair Valve blocked off

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327266698.649514.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327266698.649514.jpg

See, what you do is find someone with a Dyno, and take an extended test ride. Course when u come back in an hour, with 100 + miles on the bike, there might be some questions, lol.

Back