Gen II that's been "Cheesed", (Thanks Johnny Cheese!!!!!)

It is pretty ridiculous....people spend crazy money on mods trying to get just "a little more", only to find out they were up to 20 hp/10fpt challenged off the showroom floor.
If dealers were to become proactive, they would have something to go back to the manufacturer with.
Oh well, I'll keep mine!!!View attachment 238105

Off Topic, but where did you buy the BUSIG paddock stand? Is it available in the states or did you order it from overseas?

How "great" would it be for a fresh motor to be runnin up the revs on a dyno?! I'm no mechanic... but I would imagine the numbers wouldn't be as good as before it was broken in. Am I wrong?

Well, not wanting to stir, but here goes:
The break in "myth"----
Ask any pro team wrench, and he will tell you, the motors are broken in by the time the leave the factory.
Race bikes don't go through a "rider break-in period". They go straight from the crate to the bike, and start having the crap kicked out of them from minute one. By the time these hi-po motors are shipped, they are ready for whatever you are going to throw at them. Way back when, yeah...I could see the point. Low tolerances, Kentucky Windage assembly practices, etc. Hell, ran the snot out of my 06 WideGlide with no issues, either. Did take it through a break in after I had a build done, though.

Nothing to do with the ram air fans. He talked about that being one of the things ECU Editor can control. He doesn't mess with those, except on bikes going for land speed stuff, (( Bonneville, etc.). Not going to be able to get going fast enough on the street, ( or track, for that matter) for a long enough sustained period, (like an unlimited distance top speed run) for the ram air fan settings to come into play....
I will tell you I was there for 5 hours. At least 3 1/2 of it was spent tuning. Spent a lot of time in the ignition maps... FWIW.
Shawn

Just wondering if on the dyno at Johnny Cheese if he uses ram air fans on the intake to produce those HP numbers

Nope but someone that tried calling themselves a tuner once on here, NOW OUT OF BUSINESS use to do that to inflate there numbers... :rofl:

Hmmm. When I first read the ram air question, initially thought it was an artificially inflated hp comment. Then remembered the conversation Johnny and I had yesterday in regards to the ram air adjustment capabilities afforded by the ECU with Petrik's software, and kept my initial impressioned response in check. Hopefully, I was right. If not, you deserve this:

Before asking bombshell questions that call a track proven, well respected man's integrity into question, one might at least do their own search through the boards first.
If you would have done that, you would have never asked the question. NOTHING BUT PRAISE...
NOTHING BUT SATISFIED CUSTOMERS....
Jeez....Look before you leap...

Hmmm. When I first read the ram air question, initially thought it was an artificially inflated hp comment. Then remembered the conversation Johnny and I had yesterday in regards to the ram air adjustment capabilities afforded by the ECU with Petrik's software, and kept my initial impressioned response in check. Hopefully, I was right. If not, you deserve this:

Before asking bombshell questions that call a track proven, well respected man's integrity into question, one might at least do their own search through the boards first.
If you would have done that, you would have never asked the question. NOTHING BUT PRAISE...
NOTHING BUT SATISFIED CUSTOMERS....
Jeez....Look before you leap...
while u are praising johnny cheese for tuning your bike and asking about the ram air effect, why dont you tell me what his opinion was about the Hayabusa ram air system

This coming spring I plan to pay Johnny Cheese a visit with my Busa,,, I keep hearing all these good story's coming from the man, I hope to have one of the big H/P busas , You just never know who got them. Its called a Wednesday bike.....
I would ride my bike there but its all of 375 miles of straight roads,,, And that my friend = big mph tickets
radar detector or not.
Mike

Hey Crusty, I know Johnny Cheese is an icon on this board, but all i asked was about ram air effect and if you discussed this with him when u got your bike tuned ... thats it end of story

Cool. That's how I responded initially. Then , in response to the other gent, it seemed that you were alluding to pumped numbers, ( that's the way he took your reply). Sorry about the misunderstanding. You know how the proverbial stubbed toe turns into a full amputation, lol.
And, to answer your question, his opinion is it's not worth messing with unless you are producing huge numbers that need to be maintained for a sustained period. Basically said it would fluctuate too much to be used in anything but sustained top speed runs.
Any more technical than that, u would have to ask him...

Awesome results! :thumbup:Does anyone Have Johnny #? and is he out of houston? I am in dallas and would definately take a trip down there. thanks

What, I thought Cheese was in Austin, Texas,,,
Please do not tell me he moved, Or maybe I just thought he was in Austin...?
Please set me straight,
Mike
Awesome results! :thumbup:Does anyone Have Johnny #? and is he out of houston? I am in dallas and would definately take a trip down there. thanks

was understanding with speeds of over 150mph ram air added significant HP due to added o2 injection ( 5hp +)

Ram air compensation is very much a function of the stock ecu since 1999. The ecu looks at speed and rpm to determine how much more fuel to throw at the motor. What does this mean on the dyno, when the bike is not moving? What it means is that any fuel curve developed will change when the bike is actually at speed. In fact, the bike will run leaner on top because ram air comp was not taken into consideration.

That is why all of Brock's maps are "fat" on the top, and don't make the most hp on the dyno. His maps take into account the ram air effect, and they compensate for the extra air coming down the ram air tubes - so the air/fuel will be correct at speed, instead of being lean.

That is why POWERHOUSE turns OFF ram air compensation during the tuning session, and turns it back on when the bike comes off the dyno . . .:poke:

Round Rock texas? thats about 3 and half hours from me. Do you have phone #?

On top of my Dyno sheet... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327370576.636645.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327370576.636645.jpg

Back