Gen II Question.

Shrews

Registered
Hello, I am a new member to Hayabusa.org. I have one question that I have always had but can never find an answer to. I hoping you all can help. I have a 2008 Busa and I'm wanting to add the R-77 slip ons to it. Is there any thing that you have to do to make them work right. What I mean is, Like with the VooDoo slip ons they suggest that you put on a power commander to make the fuel right. Any help would be nice. Also thanks for letting me join.

Welcome to the oRg, I will have to let the Gen II owners chime in with the knowledge, I dont think you need PC for slip on's, but I dont know for sure. How about some pics of your ride? :beerchug:

:welcome: to the org. Glad to have you.

Thanks for the fast answers and friendly greetings. I posted three pics of my bike. Hope I posted them in the right place.:woot::vader:

Last edited:
I have the full 4 into 1 R77 and didn't use a power commander on mine. No negative drive ability problems but some say it might be a little crisper and gain a few ponies with it and a custom tune.

Wait a second here guys! I'm completely stock so don't have any first hand info to offer, but I do remember reading once that with even slip-ons it might be best to go with the "marble mod" to prevent deceleration back firing??

:welcome: And I don't know but I want me some slipons. The busa's so smooth and quiet I allmost fall asleep. Need me a wakeup call. We put a set of slipons on my son's 1000 and didn't remap it. It runs just fine. We put it on the dyno and the guy said it was down about 10 HP. He also sold power commanders and set them up. I think he was full of it and was trying to make a sale. I can't tell any power difference. This is totally my opinion but I can't see how a less restricted exhaust can cut 10 HP. Maybe So, I just don't know.

Back