Gen II Restart

Jbaby1969

Registered
A little background on my bike. I bought it new in 2008 after selling my Gen 1. The bike only has about 2000 miles on it so it’s still like new. Completely stock other than the exhaust which is a knock off version of Voodoo slip on tips.

I’ve never ran the bike on the street with this exhaust set up. It had a full R-77 kit on it while I was riding. My first question is will it need to be tuned to use this exhaust?

Question 2 is what should I do to prep the bike for restarting? It has been sitting for years without being started. I’ve got the fuel tank prepped on the inside due to rust. A new fuel pump unit is on its way as well. Just worried about the internals of the engine after sitting that long.

Any tips are greatly appreciated.

#KickstandMod *

Ok thanks for the help. I’ll start on that tomorrow. Do you think the tires will be safe after all this time? The bike was stored inside so they shouldn’t be dry rotted.

If you have a good impact it’s much better to pull the clutch basket out and manually spin the oil pump gear to build oil pressure. Honestly the best way to go about starting one of these that hasn’t ran in years.

If you run quality oil, there’s really no need to do it, but I understand the piece of mind.

If you have a good impact it’s much better to pull the clutch basket out and manually spin the oil pump gear to build oil pressure. Honestly the best way to go about starting one of these that hasn’t ran in years.

If you run quality oil, there’s really no need to do it, but I understand the piece of mind.
peace of mind...… ;)

Back