Gen II Huggers

Sannosuke

Registered
Really like the C/F Magical Racing Hugger (with matching front fender) but would love to see more pics! If not I'm liking what attributes the Pyramid hugger brings to the table.

r_fender.jpg

Gen II Carbon.jpg

Don't mind the looks of the PUIG but not a fan of the 'imitation' look. They look great when new but after some wear'n tear you can soon spot the tell-tail signs of it being fake/cheap... and then that tells the whole story.

very happy with my PUIG CF-look hugger...plus a whole cheaper :thumbsup:]

maybe i had a dud or installed it improperly but my pyramid alot! i tried to reposition the bolt holes and finally ended up cutting the neck portion that covers the rectifier. it would constantly rub the tire and rattle against the recitfier. now, it works fine without the neck so all is good but i would of preferred not cutting it. ???

Anybody have any luck with the Hotbodies rear huggers? I've been looking at those and wanted to know what everyone's experience was with them.

That's one reason I'd consider going the Pyramid, shame you had to cut it...

Did you buy yours locally or did you have to order on-line?

... and from who?

maybe i had a dud or installed it improperly but my pyramid alot! i tried to reposition the bolt holes and finally ended up cutting the neck portion that covers the rectifier. it would constantly rub the tire and rattle against the recitfier. now, it works fine without the neck so all is good but i would of preferred not cutting it. ???

I know in the past I've always deferred from going this route and keeping it stock but... I've changed my mind! :laugh:

I can't find enough info or pics on the M/R Carbon hugger so I decided to go with the Pyramid. But to balance the C/F out I'll be going with the front fender one from M/R. Just got off the phone (big thanks to OB_Boss for the contact info!) with David from Streetfightersbydesign and looks like I'll be ordering this in the very near future!

Want to clean that area up a bit and still retain the OEM parts (in the event I change my mind/want to sell it it etc.) so going to be talking with Pashnit/Tim asap in regards to a Hotbodies undertail as well.

Sure is going to look good with the new Akras I'll also be ordering... but these will be over the winter.

Bike is not mine (this one is is Greece?) but it's a GenII with the Carbon Akrapovics I want/will get.

GReat!.jpg

That's one reason I'd consider going the Pyramid, shame you had to cut it...

Did you buy yours locally or did you have to order on-line?

... and from who?
i bought it from the same people and the service is great but my hugger isn't. i should have bought the puig instead because i like the chunky look better and the fit is very good. hopefully, you'll have better luck with yours and i am curious to see if your hugger rubs or bangs off the rectifier.

Last edited:
From what I've been reading no matter what or who you buy it from, some of the same type products are bound to be hit'n miss. You'll have 6 posts stating that such'n such product lined right up and bolted on and right below they'll be a posting on the same said product stating that nothing matched nor lined up.

Right now it's a crap-shoot but overall I'm not worried. Realistically most of this might not happen till winter (trying to make it happen much sooner!) but when it does I'll be sure to keep you updated.

i bought it from the same people and the service is great but my hugger isn't. i should have bought the puig instead because i like the chunky look better and the fit is very good. hopefully, you'll have better luck with yours and i am curious to see if your hugger rubs or bangs off the rectifier.

Back