Gen I front fork tools

hayalbusa

Registered
I'm about to embark on changing the front fork oil, oil seals, & dust covers on my 2005 'busa. Does any know where I can get the necessary tools to do the job. Oh, that and any pointers or tips would be appreciated as well.:please:

I just did my own fork seals, it seems intimidating, and im still woried, but It was not that tough, I made the tools for under 12 bucks from the local Lowes. Good Luck!!!

One thing to add to Mike's outstanding guide he posted above.......if you have to do the job by yourself you can use a ratchet strap to compress the fork. It's how I did mine and it worked great! First fork took me about 35 mins start to finish, second fork only about 15 mins. Super easy and you save well over $100 doing it yourself!

Dust seals shouldn't need replaced unless they're cracked/damaged. Just be really careful putting things back together with the new seals, lube them up well so when you slide the tubes together you don't damage the new seals.

I also taped the outside of my forks where the tool slides down while compressing the fork. It kept it from any possibility of getting scratched up.

Back