GEN I ecu

shady08798

Registered
i have a 2005 that has sadly been in a serious flood other then a lot of mud and such it looks fine the bike want knocked down or anthing im currently waiting on the insurance guy to go through and check out the damage but while I'm waiting for that i quick got into the house and got the ECU off the bike and got it in a dehumiified room to draw out any moisture that may have gotten into it my question is how air tight are those ECU's everything was plugged in and when i unplugged it all the terminals looked untouched so im hoping as long as i take the right steps in starting this beast back up (I.E. new plugs, oil, clean out air box, inspect the motor and wires, ETC.) it should be ok . . . I hope.

Before you put any power to it. Remove all electrical connections, every light bulb any connector and spray them with contact cleaner. Then put contact grease on all connections even lights, but keep it thin on the lights or it will make a mess. Do the same to every sensor meter or other gadget u have.

Then do it again next year before starting it up. If I remember right the contact cleaner is CRC you may have to go to an electrical place to find it but not sure....

Sounds like lots of work but that is the only way that I know of..

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Back