Jumper Harness and mega squirt cheaper option for standalone...

racerx43269

Registered
I am considering building a few jumper harnesses for the hayabusa.. I have already made some for the proteges, and a few hondas. HOWEVER I cannot find a cheap, or quality jumper harness.

My point is that I am going to start making megasquirt harnesses for a cheap standalone no hassel plug and play ECU, I KNOW we can flash our ECU's but for turbo guys that isnt always enough.. so this is just another option IF i get enough intrests.. what do you guys think.

here are some of the jumper harness reasons I ahve decided to do this
#1 ECU Swaps. from 99-02 the ecu is a 16 bit ecu.. however it can be swapped out and you have to either CUT or RE-PIN your harness for this to work.. with a jumper harness, you dont.. you unplug your old ecu.. plug the harness in. and plug the new ecu in.. bam your done with the ecu portion.
#2 Stand alone Ecu type guys... cutting into the harness is a pain.. and if you dont know what wires to what with out chasing them.. then this might be for you... unplug your factory ecu and plug in an open ended harness with LABELED wires for what controls what, then you wire your aftermarket ecu into that and be done.. alot less time..
#3 Mega Squirt direct plug and play. I am going to start making some harnesses that are direct plug and play for mega squirts and sell them with the mega quirt.. right now there is only one guy that I could find that sells them... and they are spendy.. not as bad as a motec, but thise are..

what about an alternative.. that was cheaper?

let me know what you guys feel..

I know a guy over on Turbobikes.org where I got my Megasquirt secondary setup that was running a standalone Megasquirt.........but it's been awhile so I don't how well it turned out.

You posted this question in the general bike topics where most of the conversation is about GPS, trips, favorite tire and general chit chat. The majority of the readers have never seen a mega squirt, know what it does or why they will never need one.

You should of posted it in the turbo section for a better possibility of getting what your looking for.

Good luck

Depends on the price, but I'd be interested. I built a harness to plug directly from an MS to an EECV, kind of a ***** to put the things together...

Back