looking into making a standalone ecu/ and /or jumper harnesses what do you think

racerx43269

Registered
I am considering building a few jumper harnesses for the hayabusa.. I have already made some for the proteges, and a few hondas. HOWEVER I cannot find a cheap, or quality jumper harness.

My point is that I am going to start making megasquirt harnesses for a cheap standalone no hassel plug and play ECU, I KNOW we can flash our ECU's but for turbo guys that isnt always enough.. so this is just another option IF i get enough intrests.. what do you guys think.

here are some of the jumper harness reasons I ahve decided to do this
#1 ECU Swaps. from 99-02 the ecu is a 16 bit ecu.. however it can be swapped out and you have to either CUT or RE-PIN your harness for this to work.. with a jumper harness, you dont.. you unplug your old ecu.. plug the harness in. and plug the new ecu in.. bam your done with the ecu portion.
#2 Stand alone Ecu type guys... cutting into the harness is a pain.. and if you dont know what wires to what with out chasing them.. then this might be for you... unplug your factory ecu and plug in an open ended harness with LABELED wires for what controls what, then you wire your aftermarket ecu into that and be done.. alot less time..
#3 Mega Squirt direct plug and play. I am going to start making some harnesses that are direct plug and play for mega squirts and sell them with the mega quirt.. right now there is only one guy that I could find that sells them... and they are spendy.. not as bad as a motec, but thise are..

what about an alternative.. that was cheaper?

let me know what you guys feel..

Sounds interesting. I thought about doing an ECU upgrade to 32bit but wasn't looking forward to the issues with the harness. Of course it depends on your definition of "cheap". Also I have a question... I thought the 16 bit ECU's were 99-00, not through 02. I may have been missinformed here.

Sounds interesting. I thought about doing an ECU upgrade to 32bit but wasn't looking forward to the issues with the harness. Of course it depends on your definition of "cheap". Also I have a question... I thought the 16 bit ECU's were 99-00, not through 02. I may have been missinformed here.

I was under the impression it was 99-02 I will double check right quick..

and as far as my definition of cheap is.. it is ALOT cheaper then messing up your factory harness adn buying a new one.. and with it being plug and play.. I can make it so some one could relocate t ecu to elsewhere if they wanted... the mega squirt unit is very small.. powerful but small.. not only does this open doors.. it doesnt have to be a mega squirt ECU, it can be any different ecu, mircotech, haltech anything that uses the same sensors or modified sensors, megasquirt units are simple to work with..

99-01 are 16 bit, but the 2001 model harness can be plugged directly into a 2002-2007, the 99-00 only need a few wires repinned, it takes about 10 mins or less.

Richard

agree with richard, the re-pinning literally takes a couple of minutes, and you dont need any fancy tools, your thumbnail will unlock the connector, slip wires around (3 or 4 of them i think it is), then your thumb locks the connector back.

agree with richard, the re-pinning literally takes a couple of minutes, and you dont need any fancy tools, your thumbnail will unlock the connector, slip wires around (3 or 4 of them i think it is), then your thumb locks the connector back.

ok.. so i can spend 2 minutes re-pinning something.. OR... when some one wants to go boosted, or stand alone ecu for race.. they can hack their harness... OR buy one of my jumper harnesses..

I am still researching parts for the harnesses, as well as different options.. I will get a price going once I place a purchase and build a harness for my self. something that i stand by, is if i wont use it on my bike i wont sell it to some one else. its only fair

Back