GEN 3 starting issues

Actually 3/4 of an inch and if you space the bracket underneath the saddle downward it'll fit. Also if you have an aftermarket saddle they usually come a little higher. I also cut a square in the bottom of the saddle plastic.

My corbin came much higher.:thumbsup:
Well crap, I don't see how it can fit at all. 'Space the bracket?' I actually really like the stock seat and don't want to cut up the underside. I don't see how to lower the battery box at all. And I was dumb and tossed the packaging. This is going to be a pricey mistake...

For the 2005 I run the ATX 10 antigravity lithium battery, and for the 22 I'm running the same one as the generation two bikes, ATX 12 anti-gravity lithium.

Basically to me, it's about the cranking amps, and the restart button that both batteries come with. If your battery drains down to anything below 12.2 V it shuts itself off. Then you lift the saddle, you push the button, and you can fire the bike. You will not come back to a dead battery.

One of the nice features of both of these batteries is they come with two positive mounting posts and they come with two negative mounting posts. That means you can plug all of your factory wiring into one side, and then one run your auxiliary off the other side.
Yeah, I tried and the AntiGravity ATX 12 does not fit the Gen 3 Busa, FYI.

And by the way, apparently you can bump start a Hayabusa? WTF? Bump starting gives enough juice to power the fuel pump which pressurizes the fuel injectors? It never occurred to me that you could do so, but apparently you can? I would love to know more.

Last edited:

And by the way, apparently you can bump start a Hayabusa? WTF? Bump starting gives enough juice to power the fuel pump which pressurizes the fuel injectors? It never occurred to me that you could do so, but apparently you can? I would love to know more.
I've bump started mine...put it into 4th gear and find a hill....

My bad, I was referring to an old Gen I trick. I cut the underside of the saddle plastic. Drops the holes that the bolt goes through.

I have bump started many times. As long as you have power to prime the pump at key-on, you have plenty to fire. Works best on a parking garage ramp, or hill.

QUOTE="dcnblues, post: 3426149, member: 57842"]
Well crap, I don't see how it can fit at all. 'Space the bracket?' I actually really like the stock seat and don't want to cut up the underside. I don't see how to lower the battery box at all. And I was dumb and tossed the packaging. This is going to be a pricey mistake...
[/QUOTE]
Hi. I have the Antygravity ATX-30 with 880 cca.

yes i also have had it stall at traffic lights then when trying to restart it you get the symptons of a flat battery , eventually it always did start but scarey in traffic, mine actually did it the day i got it with 5 miles on the clock, the reason i am asking is i moved on my gen 3 as i was not happy with this , but cannot fault the bike apart from the bad start , i would like to buy another in white , but was wondering if anyone new the fix for this thanks for the info
the new 22 models have had the the software updated , dealers should have the software update to do the earlier models..

the new 22 models have had the the software updated , dealers should have the software update to do the earlier models..
Would be interesting to know what the software update Actually is/does. In layman's terms preferably!

i was informed it was to fix the non start issue , it happened to me numerous times ,after a stall or using the kill switch , i bought a new white gen3 because of this fix , i had no problems with my white gen (3 before it was written off) but i never tried the kill switch or a stall when engine was warm so dont know

Hard to believe there is even a conversation involving this issue on a brand new (old) bike that has been tried and tested to death.

Do other bikes by other manufacturers suffer from this as well? Guys who own say a ZX14 and are on their forums, do they have such issues?

This issue is strange. Today I have stopped and re-started the bike maybe thirty times, with the kickstand each time and only once I had this problem. At a toll gate, no less.

Hard to believe there is even a conversation involving this issue on a brand new (old) bike that has been tried and tested to death.

Do other bikes by other manufacturers suffer from this as well? Guys who own say a ZX14 and are on their forums, do they have such issues?
Once in a blue moon on an MV and a ZX14. Shouts hot battery.

22 Busa, arrived June 2021. 3600 miles, Lithium Battery. Had the "I don't want to start symptom" probably 8 times now.
Ride bike
get to gas station
turn off key
leave in 1st gear
get off seat
top off fuel
get on bike
turn on key
hold clutch
press start
no start
turn off key
wait about 40 seconds
turn on key
press start
bike starts.

Sumtin ain't rite.

22 Busa, arrived June 2021. 3600 miles, Lithium Battery. Had the "I don't want to start symptom" probably 8 times now.
Ride bike
get to gas station
turn off key
leave in 1st gear
get off seat
top off fuel
get on bike
turn on key
hold clutch
press start
no start
turn off key
wait about 40 seconds
turn on key
press start
bike starts.

Sumtin ain't rite.
I agree 100%, something certainly isn't right...there shouldn't be a hold over issue from a previous generation.

Welcome to the forum.

Try doing the same thing with the key and see if you get the same result. The OEMs tend to recommend using the key and knowing that, the computer might go through a different sequence of steps with the key versus the kill switch.

I have a gen 2 and have slow hot starts. So far I am unclear if it wants a newer than new battery or something like a cable or starter component is heating up and this will always happen. I think knowledge of this issue is a bit vague.
I had the same Hotstar issue with my GEN one. I replaced almost everything until I got to where the starter meets the idler gear. When I would try to start it it would cock sideways and deflect and bind inside of the case. I got a new cover for the idler gear and the gears themselves from a cycle place that distributes used parts and it sold my problem.

I had the same Hotstar issue with my GEN one. I replaced almost everything until I got to where the starter meets the idler gear. When I would try to start it it would cock sideways and deflect and bind inside of the case. I got a new cover for the idler gear and the gears themselves from a cycle place that distributes used parts and it sold my problem.
like i said there is a software update available , the 2022 models like the last one i bought already had the update installed ,unfortunately i never tried the warm stall or on off by the kill switch before it was written off

Back