Gen 2 Turbo Fairing Reinforcement

Jugghed

Registered
Hi,

I'm looking for some suggestions on how to reinforce GEN 2 modified turbo fairings? I recently had a fairing blow loose at high speeds on a real windy day. I have seen some people add bolts to the top sections of the fairings. I have been looking for some to do so on mine but haven't found any nice ones.

Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

A member recently posted that he hadn't fitted his inner black panels and blew out some of his fairings, sorry don't know if it was turbed like yours.

Yeah, it sucked. I had a feeling it was going to happen. After having to buy another left oem side, I want to prevent it from happening again.

After taking the fairings off so many times they arent quite as tight - to be expected.
The inner lower panels seemed to be the worst. I used Chicago screws to keep them secure.

20171118_164206.png

Boosted cycle performance makes a fairing brace for his turbo builds. I'll have to look through his old posts to find it though.

After taking the fairings off so many times they arent quite as tight - to be expected.
The inner lower panels seemed to be the worst. I used Chicago screws to keep them secure.

View attachment 1577474

What size Chicago screws did you use? 1/4? Also, what did you use on the edge of your filter cutout? That look great!

Thanks for the info!
Mike

Back