head work on a gen 2 turbo...

bo knows

Registered
anybody get there head done on there gen 2 turbo n what difference did it make hp,torgue as the gen 2 heads holds up to 600hp? who would u recommend to do da head?

No need to do head work on a turbo, maybe just change the springs and valves, and use the rest of the money on other parts. Spending money on doing the head is basically worthless as the turbo does all the work for you. Not like a N/A that needs the work as it helps expel the burnt gasses and draw in the new air and fuel mixture

Port Tech Heads in Indiana does good work!!!

Generally people only port the head on a turbo powered bike for high HP levels. Then GEN 2 head already flows better than the GEN 1 head and with a GEN1 bike and 1MM oversized valves my bike makes over 600HP with a stock head and stock cams. I wouldn't touch the head unless your trying to make LSR power levels

there's so much crazy hp to have just by playing with the turbo that you don't need to worry about the little details. Could things be more efficient, sure. The added costs just aren't necessary.

Is it just the fact that the runners are under pressure...so flow efficiency is not the priority...just getting the power to the ground + consistency (suspension parts / engine internals that will survive)

As others have said, you really don't need to but can. Springs and valves are needed but porting/cams aren't unless you are doing an unlimited funds build and just want to. In that case, I would send it to Carpenter...

I would think if you did do the head and cams, you would loose air velocity at off boost as the ports would be to big thus air speeds slows and it would take longer to come back on boost. Plus having bigger cams would have to much overlap and again loose the effectiveness of the turbo. Is my thinking incorrect?

Back