Gen 2 Oil filters

mblake912

Registered
There are no motorcycle shops near my area. I was wondering if Wix Filter p/n 51359 or Fram Part# 6018 would be fine. I'm new to the Hayabusa world. I bought the bike 2 months ago and have put 1300 miles on it already. Bike is a 2009. I'm using mobil 1 4t. Thanks

GO with the Wix filter, it has a better element than the Fran

I have also always used Napa filters when I couldn't get an oem filter.

Thanks a lot. I will order some oem filters after my first change. The po i bought it from says he had it serviced this past summer (roughly 2k miles) The oil looks a little low.(middle of sight glass) I just want to have a baseline. The air filter looks good. I don't believe it is stock. It doesn't have any writing on it though. The filter material is red.

K&N Filter, IMHO from reading your post, do yourself a favor when it gets dirty. Buy an OEM air filter and sell the K&N. You should be able to get anything shipped to you. I buy almost everything off the internet and have it shipped to the house.

most people over oil KN filters and that make s them not flow as well as even just a stock filter. i will only run dry filters. i dont know what they dont make dry washable for our bikes. i loved them in my turbo car. id clean them a few times a season

most people over oil KN filters and that make s them not flow as well as even just a stock filter. i will only run dry filters. i dont know what they dont make dry washable for our bikes. i loved them in my turbo car. id clean them a few times a season
They are talking about oil filters.

They are talking about oil filters.

They are not talking about only oil filters. :poke:

Thanks a lot. I will order some oem filters after my first change. The po i bought it from says he had it serviced this past summer (roughly 2k miles) The oil looks a little low.(middle of sight glass) I just want to have a baseline. The air filter looks good. I don't believe it is stock. It doesn't have any writing on it though. The filter material is red.

I checked at my Suzuki dealer about 2 years ago and the oil filters were 9.50 - 10.00 each. I kept searching the internet and finally found a case (10) of OEM for 50.00. Search long enough and you can find what you want.

how often are the spark plugs good for?
The bike has close to 29k miles

On the gen2 plugs are meant to be done every 7500 miles(every 2nd service)....if its running fine with no hint of a splutter/misfire then by all means check them for colour/gap etc but they are capable of lasting well beyond 7500 as they are iridium...costly but good if looked after.

Back