Gen 1 UFO Tail & 240 Tire Pictures???

InfiniteReality

Registered
I'm trying to find some. Fixing to pull the trigger on a 6+ swingarm and just curious if 240 will be perfect with the UFO undertail or I need to consider going to a 300 maybe? Figured pictures would help and they're a SOB to find! lol

Thanks!!

Any tail should work with a 6 over, but dont expect the tire to tuck up in the undertail at 6 over.
Good luck finding a UFO. My buddy busted his by a misshap...and it took a lot of searching, but one popped up on EBAY for him.

Him and I are both running the UFO with 330 and 9 over stretch.
So what is your real concern with the UFO....6 over or the tire size?

DSCN1555.jpg

Already rockin' the UFO for the past few years, best looking undertail IMO! :) I really more so how just to see how the UFO will look with a 240 tire. I'm not 100% sure a 240 will be enough meat back there and don't care much for cornering so 300 isn't out of question. :)

Do you have some side shots of yours with the 9" over? Maybe that is something else I need to consider as well so it doesn't look out of place.

Here's mine now with stock swingarm and a 200 tire (though rolling a Shinko 005 now) and my the UFO custom LED boards I made for it.

SNC10782.jpg

SNC15028.jpg

If your realy thinking FATTY 300...then step up to a 330 BUT do the OSD kits...much better and less robbing horsePower from the dual chain jackshaft set ups.

Wow that 9" is right in the undertails sweet spot, definitely going 9" now!

I'm still trying to find all the 240 pictures I can to compare. They're a SOB to find actually, at least rear shots. I'd never guessed it'd been hard to find pics of it!

Wow that 9" is right in the undertails sweet spot, definitely going 9" now!

YEP the top of the tire is right at the small curve in the underside of the UFO tail:laugh:
The only other 2 pics I have of 240s.
If you do the 240...make it as center as posible...offset sprocket and grind/ knoch the frame....or it will look like this with out it.( last pic)

DSC00686.jpg

dapincci.jpg

DSC00449.jpg

I've read alot about that, looks like crap and would bug the crap out of me!! I'll definitely go with the offset sprocket for sure! I'm digging the 240 and good chunk cheaper as well.

Yes sir you are correct, but if that's what I like more it'd be worth it! :)

I took months of searchin info and pics to figure what I wanted to do. A 240 or 300. BUt then I seen a 330 in person...and was set on it. Best thing I did for MY riding style. But Ive surprised myself of what it can realy do when you learn it and work it hard....Cant remember what stock even road like anymore. I ve worked the 330 in the turns better than I did my 750gsxr, BUT Im also putting a hell of a lot more work to get it in there thu.
I know the comments will be comming on that one???.....let me say, the 750 when in there with a gliding ease vs. the work it take to do the a stretched 330.:beerchug:

Depends on your riding style too..not just looks. The 360 are just way to big and just a cruising show piece in MY opinion.

HEADS UP....if your looking at a 300. I know RoaringToyz is not going to stock them anymore. Still can get them, but NOT stocking them. The 330 OSD is starting to dominate the builds. Can have a big fatty with out having to be stretched back so far making room for the jackshaft.
A near center 240 kit...or an OSD 330 kit ......? YOUR style, opinion , and money.:beerchug:

OH..and bigger the fatty, the more HorsePower it is going to rob away from the bike. Spinning mass wieght thing.

I honestly haven't seen anything in person in 240 or on up. People in LC dont' like fat tires I guess?? They like stretched though... I'm going to have to keep finding and looking at pics. Right now 240 is almost just right and since I'm going with a stock widened rim, the one I like with a rolled lip is only in a 240 for now. Also will go with the 08-up style too, in a year I plan on going to a gen 2 and only a wheel spacer will be needed (and black powder coating) to swap it over. :)

Wide Rims 240 300

I honestly haven't seen anything in person in 240 or on up. People in LC dont' like fat tires I guess?? They like stretched though... I'm going to have to keep finding and looking at pics. Right now 240 is almost just right and since I'm going with a stock widened rim, the one I like with a rolled lip is only in a 240 for now. Also will go with the 08-up style too, in a year I plan on going to a gen 2 and only a wheel spacer will be needed (and black powder coating) to swap it over. :)

Wide Rims 240 300
Check out these web sites for stock widen wheels WELCOME and www.jeepersracing.com jeepers racing you need to modify your frame first, but the prices are good. Good luck, I'm in the same boat between 240 and 300. Decisions, decisions!

p.s. Oh yeah and alll things chrome has tons of pics to decide from.

Last edited:
I dont know of any 240 kit where the tire will be perfectly centered without using a Jackshaft.

1/4" off here.

===================================================================

CHICKEN STRIP 003.jpg

Little better shot, ( shows more of the offset )

===================================================================

000_2734.jpg

Back