Gen 1 Busa vs New Busa

vmaxbaby

Registered
I am still deciding on if I should get a new busa or keep my 05. The 05 is paid for and I have all the mods on it that I want. If I get a 08 I will have to start over again which is okay. My question is for anyone that went from Gen 1 to the new bike. If you had a gen 1 with pipe, computer, gears (16/42) how does it compare to a new stock busa ? Than after you do the same mods to the 08 how does it compare to a Gen 1 with the same mods ?

If nobody has done this than maybe chime in if you have a Gen 1 busa and have ridden with someone that has the new busa. I have read the mags but would like to hear it from a Busa Brother
smile.gif

If I decide to go to the new busa it would not be until I see next years colors but wanting to get a game plan together first.

My 05 Busa

http://www.flairphoto.com/busa.htm

I've had both and stock to stock as well as mod to mod 08 is around 20 hp stronger, has bettor brakes, slicker transmission, stiffer suspension, and handles noticeably bettor.

If I had to use one word to describe the Gen II Busa: REFINED!!

Cap let me take his '08 for a spin at the Bash... WOW! It is soooo smooth! First thing I noticed was how smoothly it shifted into each gear. The power...never stops. It does pull harder than a Gen I.

I love my '04 and will have it for a looong time. That said, I sure wouldn't mind adding a Gen II to the stable, but that will hafta wait...

Haven't modded the '08 yet, but it doesn't pull quite as hard down low as my '07 with exhaust, pcIII, small airbox mod, & 42T rear sprocket. It is much smoother, however, especially when on/off/on the throttle and when simply taking off. One of the main reasons I changed to 42T on the '07 was to make is a little easier to get my 300 lb bulk moving. No trouble on the new bike and it aeems to pull almost as hard with less gear. I'm riding around in 4th or 5th when I'd normally be in 6th. It doesn't seem as wheely prone. I probably will go up to a 45T on the '08. I like the feel of having to modulate the throttle, knowing there is always a little more on tap. Of course, that does shorten the wheelbase slightly. Not in the least worried if my top speed drops down to 188 mph though instead of almost 200. I've never had a bike over 155.

Compared to how your current ride looks, I would say buy the 08 and throw your style club at it. You have done a great job on the 05, an 08 will look even better after you're done with it.
thumb_up.gif

Pics when you're done
beerchug.gif

Thanks guys for the info. When I do decide to pull the trigger I will be throwing the mods at it. When I bought my 05 I sold my 03 Kaw 1200 and it was paid for so I put down 6K on the busa and kept the rest out so I could buy the goodies for it. I will do the same for the new Busa. Full Exhaust, Remap Computer, TRE, Filter, removeal of smog crap, SS Brake Lines, Tobin Seat, Double Bubble. That is always the first Mods done at the same time because the speed shop that does my bikes gives me a break for doing it all at once and he considers the above mods as package 1. Than it is off for new rims guess these are like my old 05 they are heavy. Besides HP I want to shed weight, and Full Exhaust and new Rims is worth about 50 pounds maybe more the 08 exhaust looks HEAVY. And let me tell you 50 pounds is allot weight off these bikes. I will document the new bike with a website like the 05. All my projects get a website so I can show what has been done before and after. Right now working on Mustang project and that is taking all my extra money
sad.gif

Back