Gee wiz my gosh darn chain broke at 3000 miles

Lotus49

Registered
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Lotus49
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121691341 -->

I noticed that you are a newbie, but on the board here we try and watch our language and make it a child friendly site (for the most part anway). Anway, that sucks, good luck getting it fixed.

I dont understand. I grease the chane ragluary and i tighten it the same. Everything that could go wrong with this bike has.. The tranny wont stay in 2nd and when it does it pops and bucks. The chane is broke, and i dropped it  
sad.gif
:(   all within 3 weeks
Man you got it rough! Im guessing its still under warranty, i hope! Good luck getting it taken care of and dont give up on it.

I dont understand. I grease the chane ragluary and i tighten it the same. Everything that could go wrong with this bike has.. The tranny wont stay in 2nd and when it does it pops and bucks. The chane is broke, and i dropped it  
sad.gif
All in three weeks? Now thats some bad luck. Take her in and get her fixed, then take her on a nice ride and let her know she is the only one for you... I don't know, maybe that will help.

sad.gif
The surest way to kill a chain is to run it too tight. The distance between sprockets lengthens as the swingarm travels through its arc from the unladen position. If there is not the right amount of slack in the chain, it gets stretched and fatigued

The chain should be adjusted to 1" of slack sitting on the kickstand. Lotus49 is this what you tightened your chain to? Or did the chain have a major manufacturer defect?

I noticed that you are a newbie, but on the board here we try and watch our language and make it a child friendly site (for the most part anway). Anway, that sucks, good luck getting it fixed.
Oh snikes we are not that bad. if my chain snapped I would see !@#$%^&* !@#$%^&* also.
biggrin.gif

The chain should be adjusted to 1" of slack sitting on the kickstand. Lotus49 is this what you tightened your chain to? Or did the chain have a major manufacturer defect?
3/4 inch when sitting on the bike. I find it a little better when you check while seated on the bike.

Picture shows some bad wear, maybe the sprockets?? It might be that the chain was very loose and then snapped under power.

sad.gif
:( all within 3 weeks
You should not have to tighten regularly. You may have tightened too much. Check the slack when seated on the bike. 3/4 inch up and down. When you are off the bike you will have more slack like about 1.24"/

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121680965 -->

Back