gearing!!

07vigorblue

Donating Member
Registered
Is anybody running 16/43 gearing. I was looking at the numbers on gearing commander site. Im currently running 17/43 and have a 16t front waiting to go on. My current top speed is 172 and the change would drop 10mph and 80mph on the highway would increase about 300rpm, But i will get there much QUICKER:whistle::laugh:

I have tried 16/42 and now 17/42.For short distances for 16/42 lovely but for touring not advisable.

I have tried 16/42 and now 17/42.For short distances for 16/42 lovely but for touring not advisable.

Rubbish! You just change into 5th or 6th, where you would previously have been in 4th or 3rd. I have done some all-day rides with my 16:42 and had no problems at all. Hell, I rarely get out of 3rd anyway, since I can still do 180km/h in that gear.

I just got my 16/43 installed but it has been storming the past few days so I havent got to ride yet. I can't wait to try it out though.

Rubbish! You just change into 5th or 6th, where you would previously have been in 4th or 3rd. I have done some all-day rides with my 16:42 and had no problems at all. Hell, I rarely get out of 3rd anyway, since I can still do 180km/h in that gear.

To me its not RUBBISH.No i was in my 6th most of the time at the highway.
How far are your all day rides between?Mine is around 1000km to 1300km to a country.Fuel economy wise will definetly loose out to stock gearing especially when you need to open up to overtake slower vehicles.

To me its not RUBBISH.No i was in my 6th most of the time at the highway.
How far are your all day rides between?Mine is around 1000km to 1300km to a country.Fuel economy wise will definetly loose out to stock gearing especially when you need to open up to overtake slower vehicles.

to hell with fuel economy LOL. with a combination of normal and spirited riding i get between 45-50mpg. Im sure i'll still get over 40 which is fine with me. Im always in 6th gear though even if im doing 45mph in town:thumbsup:

to hell with fuel economy LOL. with a combination of normal and spirited riding i get between 45-50mpg. Im sure i'll still get over 40 which is fine with me. Im always in 6th gear though even if im doing 45mph in town:thumbsup:
I run 16/42 and love it...boatloads of fun. Makes the stock gearing actually feel slow :laugh: But for long fast rides on open road, the vibes are just at the edge of being a problem. I personally won't go 16/43.

16/42 is what i have run for a long time. its a good setup at the drag strip. although i think dropping the back sprocket down might work better but it depends on the individual...less gas mileage but come on. no body bought the busa for the gas mileage anyway

Back