gearing

ctkiteboarding

Registered
what would be a good starting point for a gen II 65" wb on spray,, im -1 +2 now but think i might run out of gear with the spray thanks in advance

175 in street clothes

You might be getten close to running out of gear on the juice, this is of coarse if you like to gear like me(everyones different), i set-up for runnin through 4th on the motor, and 5th on the spray....other peepz & you might disagree :dunno: I would say with your weight -1(17) on the counter and stock(45) on the rear should do you just about right on the spray. This is all just a guest-a-ment though, gonna have to put the rubber to the track and thumb on the button 2 know fo show :beerchug:

Last edited:
You might be getten close to running out of gear on the juice, this is of coarse if you like to gear like me(everyones different), i set-up for runnin through 4th on the motor, and 5th on the spray....other peepz & you might disagree :dunno: I would say with your weight -1(17) on the counter and stock(45) on the rear should do you just about right on the spray. This is all just a guest-a-ment though, gonna have to put the rubber to the track and thumb on the button 2 know fo show :beerchug:

You make me fear :please:
165 in riding gear on a short bike

So second would be to hard to spray ?

info
genI , Akrapovic complete line and K&N now: 168HP to 172 (depends on dyno) on wheel
and 42 sprocket

??????????

You make me fear :please:
165 in riding gear on a short bike

So second would be to hard to spray ?

info
genI , Akrapovic complete line and K&N now: 168HP to 172 (depends on dyno) on wheel
and 42 sprocket

??????????

I'm not too familer with the Gen1 set-up's, but you might be ok. I know Gen1 and Gen2 gearing is different from the factory. maybe someone on here that has more seat time with a Gen1 can give you more info.....Sorry.:beerchug:

im running 18/ 43 (stock) on my short bike just under 60" going thru the traps on the limiter in 4th( gen2 just motor),, the 65" bike runs into 5th with 17 /45 now(gen2 on motor) ill try that and bring the 43 with me to change out might try the 18 on the front if i still run out or it becomes hard to ride

:thumbsup:

I want to get thru the traps in 6th on the gas. I'm running 16/45, the 16/42 got me thru in 4th. I'm shifting at 12,000rpm

Last edited:
How much are you spraying??? 40 shot? 16/42 with a 40 shot is a handful in 2nd gear without a progressive

Back