Gearing .. Luvin it!

808Busa

Registered
Been riding the Gixxer for the past week, I must say .. it sure is fun. Stock gearing is 17/42 .. bike has 16/44 .. its crazy. Im 280lbs and lifts like mad .. and so easy to wheelie and control. Now im thinking that the Busa will be so much more fun with a 16/42 setup and already ordered the sprokets (cant wait). Always wondered how things would be with gearing done now that I got a taste all I can say WOW. Now i know and decided to join the club. I know that the two bikes are different but I just love how much harder it accerates.. I hope its gonna be the same for the Busa. All i have to get now is the Speed healer thingy.

16/44 is pretty low for every day use. I tried that for a while and it was fun but I found it to be just a tad too low. I love to wheelie that rascal but I fould if I wanted to bring it up on the freeway at crusing speeds, second gear was too low and third gear was too high so I put the stock front sprocket back on. I fould the 44 rear was just about right for my application. I have a 17/43 on my busa and I enjoy that too. The busa is just not a good wheelie machine no matter what the gearing.

Back