Gear Selector Lies

bigdaddyks

Registered
I have a 2008 in the lower gears my dash is undecided what gear I am in when I click down to ST sometimes 15 says 3, or 2. Neutral is usually accurate and 456 are right but 123 are confused. My main concern is this showing signs of some other problem or is it a mileage thing (I am over 27,000 miles) I did search before I posted so if this has been brought up then please give me a link and kill this one.

i have the same issue, more like 1 n 2. cant decide where its at sometimes,

Moin moin,

I know the gear sensor doesn't work correctly, at least in the GenI Busas. We recognized it by developping a "gear display" (don't know a better word in your language). The prob is the soldering point between the "outer" copper plates and the "inner" resistances.

Beside of the undecided dash which is more or less only a flaw, what about the mapping depending on the gear? What does the ECU do with all these varying informations??? Changing the mappings hundred times per second????
Don't really know yet.

The only corrective I know until now is to re-solder the gear sensor.... which is a fu...ing job....

Ciao
D1

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but this is starting to happen to me.
I'm in 1st and maybe around 4-5K RPM's and I see the selector blink fron 2 to 1.
I've noticed it a few times and it's only when I'm in 1st. It doesnt do it in any other gear.
I was considering disconnecting the battery for a few minutes but wasnt sure....
Is there a simple solution to this???

I'm not sure what the problem is , but I have the same as you except in different gears. I have an 08 with 92,000 miles and when I shift to 3rd that's when it jumps around to 4th & 5th gears. If anyone out there has any suggestions they will be greatly appreciated.

Back