Gas milelage

Well I figured out what milelage I got after keeping my truck under 2000 RPM, I got 20.84 miles per gallon. Thats a 2003 F-150 with a 4.2 V6 5spd manual. Before my test I was getting around 16 miles per gallon. In summary I gained 6 additional miles per gallon keeping my truck under 2000 RPM. Not to bad.......det45

Chevy dicided to try and make my 98 Z28 get better miliage, whether i liked it or not. Under slow acceleration a dash light comes on saying "skip shift" and the transmission will not allow 2nd gear to be selected, rather it directs me to 4th. This is meant to save two gear changes and the accompanied revs. I had to pay $30 to get a skip-shift elimantor and piggy back it in on the tranny. Thanks Chevy, if i wanted the car to choose gears for me i would have bouught an automtatic!!

My 2.4L HHR gets around 32MPG at 75-80MPH. It holds quite a bit too as the rear seats fold flat with plastic backs and the front seat folds flat as well. 8' lumber fits perfectly. For larger goods, I just bust out the HF trailer.

Back