Gas mileage Sucks

I usually get 150 to 180 per tank ......80 miles to a tank ? Really ? Something ain't right !

Bike in good tune, stock gearing good chain, tires aired, should peg the MPG on the meter @ 50 dong 75-80 in top gear, semi tuck. 16Tp or more out back will read the same but not in actual miles. 160 miles from one fuel stop to the other during long rides will take 3.50 + -.25 Gals

Your driving one of the fastest motorcycles in the world, If you you want fuel economy, drive a Hybird! Sorry
firedevil.gif
If its that clean throught the air and that good of an eng & drive it should get even better than most! JMO
whistling.gif

200 - 220 you are having a  
jump9.gif
140 tops
rock.gif
I ususally average 44 to 48 miles to the gallon according to the computer. The 48 is on long rides where I get to cruise around 80mph on the speedo. According to my GPS this is about 74mph. My odometer has about a 4% error rate so in reality this would be about 42 to 46 MPG. The tank holds 5.5 gal. Do the math.
smile.gif

Sorry Don, for gas mileage yes 70-80 is the best speed, the last long run I did was on the Dutch Autobahn up to Assen, cruising between 100-150, at that speed a tank lasts about an hour which is about right for my old bones, stop, tank up and walk around a bit. Try to avoid the motorways in England to busy, both my brother in law and myself run the fast A roads or twistie B roads, no cops or speed camera's. A short 50 mile blast is half a tank, cheaper to run the wifes Jag  
beerchug.gif

On my home last night the gas light came on and Im at about 105 to 110 on the tank i figure i could get another 25 to 30 miles out of it? The gauge is on the top of the red mark right now. Im going to lift the tank up and make sure the throttle body is sitting all the way down on the intake tubes, and make sure i put everything on right.

So i just filled up the tank and did my math and the gauge is more accurate then i thought. i Put 4.8 gallons in the tank and i only go 120 mile on the tank. That comes up to about 25.xx miles Per Gallon.

Back