Gas mileage Sucks

gsxr051

Registered
Since putting the bike all back together from fixing the transmission I have been getting horrible gas mileage. Before fixing the tranny the bike had been sitting for about a year. I wire brushed the plugs so they are good. Im averaging about 26mpg. Before it was getting in the mid 30's. How do you improve this?
dunno.gif

I've noticed poorer fuel mileage this past year, which was confirmed by CNN's study on fuel economy, and the 10% ethanol blend gas dropped fuel mileage by about 8% and E85 showed a 25% decrease! on the bright side, it burns cleaner and contains less petroleum, just we have to use more of it.
guns.gif
other than that... I've not got a clue

Your driving one of the fastest motorcycles in the world, If you you want fuel economy, drive a Hybird! Sorry
firedevil.gif

I only have about 80 miles on the tank of gas as of now, and it's almost on "E". How many miles do you guys usually get to a tank?

I don't really trust the guage... It's caused me to push the busa until someone pulled over to give me some gas.

strange its dropped so much since the refit, sure you got every thing connected as it should be,
just a thought
whistling.gif

Im pretty sure that everything is connected up right if it wasn't Im sure the FI light would have come on by now. I know my speedometer is off 10 mph so maybe it has to do with that? Just a thought?

Im pretty sure that everything is connected up right if it wasn't Im sure the FI light would have come on by now. I know my speedometer is off 10 mph so maybe it has to do with that? Just a thought?
pherhaps a more accurate check then' i get between 130-200 miles per tank depending on the right wrist, thats some where round 40 - 50 mpg'
ThumbsUp.gif

Back