gas gauge way off

Busa Rookie

Banned
so i fueled up today because my gauge was off and now reading red with the light on.. got 147 miles out of 3.118 Gallons

after she filed up i figured that's weird having 5.5 gallon tank, now completely to the brim the gauge still reads a tad over half.... how can i fix the gauge being innaccurate?

Move the ballast, and the problem should go away!

The 99 and 2000 gauge clusters are real picky!

Where it is mounted as well as keeping the wires as far away from the cluster as you can!
Put the ballast on the right air tube under the inner, then follow the wires the same way as the right turn signal is routed!
what do you mean? like where i have it placed? or where i have it wired?

Only that 99 and 00 gauges,
but the weird part is they didn't do it years ago, only as they are getting older.
If you contact Bluegauges, he will tell you to remove the Hids all together, but i have found if you move everything as far away from the cluster, especially the gas gauge side, you should be all good!
ok i'll wiggle it around in there and see what happens, it's that tedius with interfierence?

^ thanks fellas. i was thinking the same too, is it possible for it to get stuck at half but work fine from half to empty? seem to just lose a half tank of gas somewhere? lol

I have an 04 and my ballast boxes would mess up all my guages. Moved the ballasts as far away as possible and good to go. Are any of your other gaues acting wierd? Did you move your ballasts or just move wiring?

i moved everything, even the gas gauge isnt acting weird.. it just wont go past half.. it acts like it should from half to empty. like something's stopping it. starting to think it's the float..

Back