busa is not starting, please help

samizx7

Registered
Hey guys, I finished rebuilding my bike (nothing to do with engine) now after I added a new battery and gas, I tried to start the bike; the engine does not turn on. And an F1 flash in the dash. The bike has a new oil and oil filter and radiator is new. What could be the problem? What does F1 means? Also the fuel gauge is reading full while I only have 1-2 gallons in the bike. Please if anyone could help post up.

Make sure bike is in Neutral. Pull in clutch to start. Mkae sure switch is on.

Yup sounds simple just make sure.

i did that, i pulled the clutch and put the kick stand up. the bike is 1999 with 2k miles on it. could it be the fuel pump??? sound like the engine is not getting any gas. does the F1 stand for anything

from reading old posts, i see that 1999-2000 had problems with the fuel pump. how can i check if it is the fuel pump or somthing else. thanks guys

from reading old posts, i see that 1999-2000 had problems with the fuel pump. how can i check if it is the fuel pump or somthing else. thanks guys
Sorry to hear you are having problems. When you first turn the ignition key, there should be a high pitched noise coming from under the tank. This happens while the gauges perform their self-test.
The high pitch sound is the fuel pump priming the system (real techs confirm this please). If you do not hear this, chances are that the fuel pump is not working. There is a post here that contains the hayabusa service manual. That can help you track your problem down. The link to the message is:

It is an image of a CD that contains, among other things, a copy of the hayabusa service manual. Careful, it is over 350mb to download.
The F1 light flashing can mean many things, I am sure you will find what it is in the service manual.
good luck.

regards,
Jim

You are right about the high pitched squeal.check kickstand switch .jump the dealer wire over and see what the codes are it will help you solve your problem.

the fuel pump is making the loud pitch. i will check the kickstand switch, GoldenChild what do you mean( jump the dealer wire over and see what the codes are it will help you solve your problem). i also have the manual, does anyone know where do they have the codes??

<!--EDIT|samizx7
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131112425 -->

i also took the tipover sensor(goes under the gas tank on the bracket) apart, and put it back together, would that have caused the problem???

no problem,. i have a new sensor from gsxr would that work(they look the same )how do i know if put it up side down??

<!--EDIT|samizx7
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131113501 -->

It isn't actually a F1 light, its FI for fuel injection. Maybe check the harness for the injectors and/or the computer.

It isn't actually a F1 light, its FI for fuel injection.  Maybe check the harness for the injectors and/or the computer.
I saw another post that said that FI actually stands for Fault Indicator or Failure Indicator. The codes that appear on the LCD screen actually tell what the problem is. Someone else jump in and say if that is correct, please.

99s are NOTORIOUS for clogged fuel filters ... it will cause the EXACT thing you are experiencing ....

I would bet a $1.00 it a $10.00 fuel filter ... Get a monster one from an auto store and replace it

Hope that helps !!!!

do you have any idea which one would work??? part #. or description. the bike was standing for a few month(last owner and the gas was bad when i pulled the gas tank)

Not sure .. Once you remove it ... just get one with similiar sized ends so the lines will attach easily - dont get too worried about over all diameter - couple inches - whatever - the pump will flow the fuel thru it .... Bad gas can clog injectors as well ...

You are almost definitely chasing a fuel issue though

Wish I could help more

cool will do that, and from there i would see. thanks for the help
smile.gif

Back