Error Code C12 Will Not Start… Help Please

SR-71

Registered
Hello everyone,

I am having an issue with the new engine I installed…

ERROR CODE C12 – CRANKSHAFT POSITIONING SENSOR

Throwing error code C12 (the bike will not start) however the error code seems to be intermittent

When I first power the bike on and let it fully cycle through the gauges and fuel pump there is no error code present

However, after I attempt to start and during the time that the starter was running the F1 light begins to blink, after which I leave the power on and do a diagnostic in which I received error code C12

I repeated the above process a few times and am still receiving error code C12 only after the starter is engaged and trying to start for a few moments

Now here's the funny part… Before I replace the engine I started the old engine (spun rod bearing but it runs)just to ensure that any the parts that I may have to exchange were all operating correctly and without any error codes including the crankshaft positioning sensor

I researched the topic on the board and the best I could come up with is check all the wires back to the connectors and then chase those wires back to the ECU … And during that process ensure that although wires to the connectors are fully engaged which I have done but the error code persists

I could really use a little help, any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks very much for your time and consideration

Yours truly,

SR 71

Back