Garmin quest 2 gps

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
I'm looking for a good GPS and I'm not real well schooled on the different models & all their functions. It seems the Quest 2 is water proof as well as battery opperated if you so choose. It comes all loaded up and ready to go. I'm just curious if anyone here has this unit or has ever used it? If so, I'd love to get some feedback on you opinion. The list price on this little puppy is $699. Where would be the best place to purchase?

Also, I see Costco has the Magellan 360 for $499. This unit lists for $699 as well. Anyone know anything about this unit?

My co-manager here has the quest 2 (pretty sure) I looked at it yesterday. You are right, it is pre-loaded with all the stuff. Very cool machine. He said it was rain proof (ie; not WATER proof, but can stand getting wet...) I don't think he paid 7 bones for his though..thought he said somewhere around 550.. I'll ask him tomorrow where he got it.

Excellent unit, I don't have one, a friend mine does, works great I like the voice prompts. That will be the one I will be getting.

<!--EDIT|BusaWizard
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140272303 -->

MJN, Check that unit out and see what you think? I'd love to have one but just want to make sure it's the proper one for me. I read on the Garmin web site that the Quest 2 would withstand being submerged in 3 ft of water for up to 30 minutes. If it will do that, I'm sure a little rain won't hurt it? Let me know if you have a chance to play with this unit. The think I'd like to know is how much detail is in the maps? Are they going to show all the fun back roads etc. or just the major thorough fares?

My buddy says the dang thisn shows EVERY road...including dirt....(he says "most cow trails" are on there) He said he got his online...can't remember exactly where, but he paid about 550 for it.

I'm looking for a good GPS and I'm not real well schooled on the different models & all their functions. It seems the Quest 2 is water proof as well as battery opperated if you so choose. It comes all loaded up and ready to go. I'm just curious if anyone here has this unit or has ever used it? If so, I'd love to get some feedback on you opinion. The list price on this little puppy is $699. Where would be the best place to purchase?

Also, I see Costco has the Magellan 360 for $499. This unit lists for $699 as well. Anyone know anything about this unit?
I have the quest (the 2 didnt exist when I bought it). It's my 4th gps

In general it pretty much owns as far as Size and features. Weakness is the screen you have to be pretty carefull with it or it scratches easily compared to other gps's I've owned.  The quest 2 would be great since you dont have to load anything although the regular quest holds enough data for 2-3 long trips.

If you looking for a compact solutution (and not something huge like a street pilot) I'd say its probably one of the best solutions you can come up with.  The moto mount is also very good. I acutally have a bastardized version using RAM pices with the Garmin mount.

As far as being battery operated, it uses internal rechargeable batteries, which is good and bad.  They last a long time but I'd still use bike's power if you ever want to do trips with it.

MJN, Check that unit out and see what you think? I'd love to have one but just want to make sure it's the proper one for me. I read on the Garmin web site that the Quest 2 would withstand being submerged in 3 ft of water for up to 30 minutes. If it will do that, I'm sure a little rain won't hurt it? Let me know if you have a chance to play with this unit. The think I'd like to know is how much detail is in the maps? Are they going to show all the fun back roads etc. or just the major thorough fares?
Rain wont hurt it. All of the Garmin's I've had are very good in this aspect.

Back