Fur Bearing Predator hunting

This girl, I used to work with her family mows them down by the hundreds here. She brought a pic in of the skins drying on the side of there barn. I guess its not only a sport but some folks living.

I see a point here. Coyotes litters are controlled by there population, habitat and amount of food. A ***** has a litter of 4 pups in the spring, you blow up 6 guess how many in the next spring? 6-8.
Now dont get me wrong, I like blowing up coyotes also and I just called my buddy the other night saying I am wanting to go hunt them.
The reason I like to hunt them are, Challenging, Fast paced hunting, setup, call and blow up, next spot!:thumbsup:

Now, this is what I like to see in a response. Great way to quantify and by doing so justify the hunt.

Coyotes are over abundant in Utah as well. Do an internet search on "Utah coyote bounty"

I'm thinking about picking up another varmint rig. A POF with a good tactical scope. Heavy, but rugged and reliable.

I digg this too.. However, this is only to do the eradication of the true apex predators.. The Mountain Lion/Panther and the Wolf...

Coyotes are a growing "problem" for the inhabited areas of Virginia as well. Many counties, including the ones I live and work in, have considered offering up a bounty for any killing of a coyote. No one loves wildlife more than me, but I won't lie, it's not a great feeling knowing they lurk in my woods, especially when I have kids and pets...

Coyotes kill deer...so I kill coyotes.....and deer.:laugh: I am the apex predator:poke:

Dont worry about the rattlesnakes....... Me and my son killed about 8 last year. I dont hunt coyotes just to kill something, I like others enjoy the hunt....very crafty animals and very hard to hunt especially here in arizona.

Dont worry about the rattlesnakes....... Me and my son killed about 8 last year. I dont hunt coyotes just to kill something, I like others enjoy the hunt....very crafty animals and very hard to hunt especially here in arizona.

You see, the problem is that I worry about everything. I mean, brother, I am worried about this post you made the effort it took.. :laugh:

Just clowning around. If you manage to preserve some snake skins from your rattlesnake kills, let a fella know, I want to make a wallet from one. :beerchug:

You see, the problem is that I worry about everything. I mean, brother, I am worried about this post you made the effort it took.. :laugh:

Just clowning around. If you manage to preserve some snake skins from your rattlesnake kills, let a fella know, I want to make a wallet from one. :beerchug:

I got a nice 3.5 diamond back skin in my garage as we speak. The rattlesnake hunting is more for preventative measures. My friend and his family live out in the desert north of phoenix and we try and eradicate any snakes that might be around his house that could potentially harm him or his family. Next summer lemme know and ill keep some more skins if you want. I mostly just harvest the meat.

Hell if I had rattle snakes here I would blow em up to. I dont know about using one of them long rods and putting them in a bag, a 12gauage loaded with some 6 shot sounds more fun.

Coyote hunting will make you a much better deer hunter. It really hones in on your scent control and paying attention to wind direction.
Scent control, wind direction, electronic caller with a mo-jo critter and ya better be on the trigger cause if there are any within 300-500 yards they will come running in:thumbsup:

All ya need to harvest snakes is either some CCI snakeshot or a .22 pistol and be damn good with it...like me lol.

I live out in the sticks on some prime hunting land but I dont hunt, I"ve killed one deer in my life. dragging those stinking vermen out of the woods and gutting and cutting um up just aint my idea of fun, So what do ya do with the cyotes after ya kill em? coudnt ya fry um up and feed um to your dogs or some thing:laugh: My ole man told me when i was a kid, if ya kill it eat it.

058.jpg

I got a nice 3.5 diamond back skin in my garage as we speak. The rattlesnake hunting is more for preventative measures. My friend and his family live out in the desert north of phoenix and we try and eradicate any snakes that might be around his house that could potentially harm him or his family. Next summer lemme know and ill keep some more skins if you want. I mostly just harvest the meat.

You know what I am down for is going out and harvesting the rattlers with primitive methods.. I'm talking about using a sharpened staff/spear made from oak or bamboo dowels.. Either that or the old distract and step on the head so you can use a knife and sever the spine. Then you remove and bury the head or collect them in a puncture proof bag or coffee can to take home and make adornments with.

I live out in the sticks on some prime hunting land but I dont hunt, I"ve killed one deer in my life. dragging those stinking vermen out of the woods and gutting and cutting um up just aint my idea of fun, So what do ya do with the cyotes after ya kill em? coudnt ya fry um up and feed um to your dogs or some thing:laugh: My ole man told me when i was a kid, if ya kill it eat it.

Oh my, the things I would do with that land.
Talk about some awesome boar hunting.. Just pile grain in strategic areas and be ready to pounce.

one hollow i hunted this bow season had 6 dens of coyotes, thats allot of yotes, and when you’re on the stand at dusk and they start yipping and howling it will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. love the new rifles fast08, i have a heavy barrel Winchester mod 70 .243 i use for hunting varmints such as ground hogs and coyotes

one hollow i hunted this bow season had 6 dens of coyotes, thats allot of yotes, and when you’re on the stand at dusk and they start yipping and howling it will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. love the new rifles fast08, i have a heavy barrel Winchester mod 70 .243 i use for hunting varmints such as ground hogs and coyotes

Wow, I am slightly aroused at the description you just laid down.. :yes: :smileyexhibit:

Just saw in our local paper that a cougar has been spotted just a few miles from where I live; extremely rare to have them in this area...here kitty kitty kitty... :laugh:

Just saw in our local paper that a cougar has been spotted just a few miles from where I live; extremely rare to have them in this area...here kitty kitty kitty... :laugh:

that is, here in Missouri there have been several sightings of Mountain Lions, I believe some have trail cams that have them caught on pictures, the conservation department has been denying that they are here till recent pictures, foot prints and one hit by a car I believe, it’s cool they are migrating back this way east from Colorado, these cats have been known to take down a human too, so it adds a little something different to your hunt around here:thumbsup:

that is, here in Missouri there have been several sightings of Mountain Lions, I believe some have trail cams that have them caught on pictures, the conservation department has been denying that they are here till recent pictures, foot prints and one hit by a car I believe, it’s cool they are migrating back this way east from Colorado, these cats have been known to take down a human too, so it adds a little something different to your hunt around here:thumbsup:

But, it's just a kitty! :p I sure hope I don't see the cougar...I love cats, but that's a little too scary while walking to my house in the woods at night :Oo:

But, it's just a kitty! :p I sure hope I don't see the cougar...I love cats, but that's a little too scary while walking to my house in the woods at night :Oo:

um yeah, thats why i started carrying a sidearm with me when bow hunting, you just never know

um yeah, thats why i started carrying a sidearm with me when bow hunting, you just never know

I had an attack cat (watched him chase off a racoon and many dogs), but Omar ran him over just before Christmas :laugh: Once his broken hip is fully healed, I have full confidence he'll chase off any cougars or coyotes :lol:

Back