Fur Bearing Predator hunting

although I personally could never shoot a coyote cause to me they are simply dogs (which they are) and im a huge dog/animal lover BUT they are becomming VERY dangerous to people (children very young especially) and PETS in many areas of the country. arizona being one that tops the list.

they are extremely smart animals and can survive in the freezing cold temps of northern maine to boiling hot temps of southern arizona. very adaptable. female coyotes have been know lure male dogs into the woods and then ambush them and kill them.:banghead: I wont let my little dog outside without my doberman with her.

I lost my cat a couple years ago (in door/out door cat) and it was either a coyote or a fox that got him:(. I tend to believe it was a coyote cause I know they strattle the fence line next door to me which has a farm with horses, lamas, chickens, turkey, etc... and the owner has been out there are many occassions with her shotgun.:guns:

personally, I think real hunting is done with a bow and not a rifle. I just dont see the SPORT in shooting an animal with a high powered rifle with a high powered scope from a 100 yards away. but thats just me...:laugh: but from a population control standpoint and the fact that we continue to build on what was once their land the coyote problem only continues to grow worse. and they do have quite large litters so that doesnt help things either.

although I personally could never shoot a coyote cause to me they are simply dogs (which they are) and im a huge dog/animal lover BUT they are becomming VERY dangerous to people (children very young especially) and PETS in many areas of the country. arizona being one that tops the list.

they are extremely smart animals and can survive in the freezing cold temps of northern maine to boiling hot temps of southern arizona. very adaptable. female coyotes have been know lure male dogs into the woods and then ambush them and kill them.:banghead: I wont let my little dog outside without my doberman with her.

I lost my cat a couple years ago (in door/out door cat) and it was either a coyote or a fox that got him:(. I tend to believe it was a coyote cause I know they strattle the fence line next door to me which has a farm with horses, lamas, chickens, turkey, etc... and the owner has been out there are many occassions with her shotgun.:guns:

personally, I think real hunting is done with a bow and not a rifle. I just dont see the SPORT in shooting an animal with a high powered rifle with a high powered scope from a 100 yards away. but thats just me...:laugh: but from a population control standpoint and the fact that we continue to build on what was once their land the coyote problem only continues to grow worse. and they do have quite large litters so that doesnt help things either.

I'm the same way...I used to be so against all hunting, then I learned to appreciate those friends of mine that truly hunt, not using dogs, not parking along side one road, letting loose a dozen hounds, and calling Bubba on their radio to say "They're coming!" Bubba just sits in his truck waiting for the wildlife to be flushed out and *bang* *bang*, look at me, I'm such a stud! :disagree:

Friends that bow hunt and use everything they kill are the ones I respect the most...guys that opt to use guns are OK too, as long as you're good with becoming one with nature, sitting out there in the woods for hours, no dogs, nothing but you and wildlife, you use what you take...we have far too many that will shoot anything they can for trophy only, strip a carcass and toss everything but the head on the side of the road...it's sickening and trust me, I've had far too many altercations with local hunters on my property to count. They've finally learned to just stay away :thumbsup:

Last time I ran in to one, he was parked in my front yard, arguing with me over whether or not he was on my property, accusing me of taking his hound's collar, etc...I had a phone in my hand and he said "I'm going to call the game warden". I handed him the phone and said "Go ahead, you're breaking the law right now standing on my property with a gun in your truck...I know the law, you're supposed to park on the main road and walk down, without your gun." I pulled out my cell phone and added "While you're calling the game warden, I'll go ahead and call the police" and he jumped in his truck :rofl:

I later told a local cop about the issues I'd had with hunters, and that the next time I'm faced with such an idiot as this last guy, I was going to call the police and tell them "There's a man on my property, he has a gun, and I fear for my kids." He said "Oh, no ma'am, please don't do that..." and I stopped him and said "Oh, I will, because that's exactly how it makes me feel"...he didn't say much after that...

I'm the same way...I used to be so against all hunting, then I learned to appreciate those friends of mine that truly hunt, not using dogs, not parking along side one road, letting loose a dozen hounds, and calling Bubba on their radio to say "They're coming!" Bubba just sits in his truck waiting for the wildlife to be flushed out and *bang* *bang*, look at me, I'm such a stud! :disagree:

Friends that bow hunt and use everything they kill are the ones I respect the most...guys that opt to use guns are OK too, as long as you're good with becoming one with nature, sitting out there in the woods for hours, no dogs, nothing but you and wildlife, you use what you take...we have far too many that will shoot anything they can for trophy only, strip a carcass and toss everything but the head on the side of the road...it's sickening and trust me, I've had far too many altercations with local hunters on my property to count. They've finally learned to just stay away :thumbsup:

Last time I ran in to one, he was parked in my front yard, arguing with me over whether or not he was on my property, accusing me of taking his hound's collar, etc...I had a phone in my hand and he said "I'm going to call the game warden". I handed him the phone and said "Go ahead, you're breaking the law right now standing on my property with a gun in your truck...I know the law, you're supposed to park on the main road and walk down, without your gun." I pulled out my cell phone and added "While you're calling the game warden, I'll go ahead and call the police" and he jumped in his truck :rofl:

I later told a local cop about the issues I'd had with hunters, and that the next time I'm faced with such an idiot as this last guy, I was going to call the police and tell them "There's a man on my property, he has a gun, and I fear for my kids." He said "Oh, no ma'am, please don't do that..." and I stopped him and said "Oh, I will, because that's exactly how it makes me feel"...he didn't say much after that...
lol... good for you. something tells me the hunters will just find somewhere else to hunt then mess with you.:poke:

lol... good for you. something tells me the hunters will just find somewhere else to hunt then mess with you.:poke:

I could write a book on my battles with local hunters that have no respect for others' property...let's just say all has been quiet for a number of years now...

Hope I didn't just jinx myself :banghead:

But, it's just a kitty! :p I sure hope I don't see the cougar...I love cats, but that's a little too scary while walking to my house in the woods at night :Oo:

Picture from this spring. The closest one is about 20' from the hot tub.

1.jpg

Picture from this spring. The closest one is about 20' from the hot tub.

wow, nice you dont see them in the daytime out of the brush very much, looks like they may be going for water or something, way cool pic:thumbsup:

wow, nice you dont see them in the daytime out of the brush very much, looks like they may be going for water or something, way cool pic:thumbsup:

It is hard to say where they were going there is a half-acre pond about 75 yards behind them. A creek runs along the other side of the house. I'd guess they were hunting birds near the feeders on the house. We find a bird carcass out there every once in a while. We get far more wildlife at my house than one would expect.

Back