full exhaust install

wiesjon

Registered
Anybody got any good hints on do's and don'ts on a full exhaust installation. I've got both fairings off for a start. Does the radiator need to be drained and one of the hoses removed and then the radiator tilted back or does the radiator need to be taken off? Does the oil cooler just need to be separated from the radiator? I want to do this the simplest way possible. If anyone has done this themselves, please give me some suggestions.

Theres a good few posts with pics showing you how its done.. from what i remember you only need to losen the radiator to get the headers on, not take it off?

Good luck :)

Here is what I remember before I leave work! Both fairings come off. Then I removed the lower oil cooler...( left the lines on the cooler, but removed the bolts to the oil pan that hold the line to it, and the bolts that hold the cooler to the lower radiator and engine braket) Then I took the bolts out of the radiator. Use a towel and lay it on the back part of the front wheel. I then laid the radiator on the towel. I secured it with a bungee cord to keep it from moving on me! Then remove the mufflers.... then the header... and then go back together..... Hope this helps!

i did mine. i had both fairing and upped off, radiator, oil cooler, and belly wing. remember to buy some antifreeze and might as well change the oil since you in there already and drained some. some reccomend replacing the exhaust gaskets, scnitz has them pretty cheap. mine only had about 1k on it when i did mine so i didnt mess with it.

DO NOT remove the radiator! You are only wasting your time if you take it off...

Take out the bolts and swing it forward. Cover it with cardboard or a towel so you don't ding up the fins/fender.... ;)

It's really a basic install. Just make sure you adjust it (so the plastic doesn't hit/melt) and wipe off all finger prints, etc. before you start the bike... :beerchug:

DO NOT remove the radiator! You are only wasting your time if you take it off...

Take out the bolts and swing it forward. Cover it with cardboard or a towel so you don't ding up the fins/fender.... ;)

It's really a basic install. Just make sure you adjust it (so the plastic doesn't hit/melt) and wipe off all finger prints, etc. before you start the bike... :beerchug:

Sounds good to me. Everything moves forward just fine. Depending on your exhaust, the pipes may be close to the oil pan...don't let them touch.

i really missed the 10 minutes....:lol:

once you have the bolts out its only two hose clamps

I wish someone would have told me 2 cover the radiator with a towel. I dinged mine up pretty good

i really missed the 10 minutes....:lol:

once you have the bolts out its only two hose clamps

If you want to drain it and do the extra work, cool... :thumbsup:

Only problem is you've got lame shops that want to charge you an hour+ labor for doing it when it's not necessary... :banghead:

If you want to drain it and do the extra work, cool... :thumbsup:

Only problem is you've got lame shops that want to charge you an hour+ labor for doing it when it's not necessary... :banghead:

yea, i dont let anyone work on my bike for that reason. i dont like to pay for something so simple and insignificant, like paying 100+ for an oil change:banghead:

I wish someone would have told me 2 cover the radiator with a towel. I dinged mine up pretty good

You'll take it off some day and then you can straighten the fins out with an x-acto knife blade. I had some rock strikes on mine and I fixed it up like new in a jiffy. Pretty easy work.

HHaaaa! Great advise!:banghead:

Back