Full Carbon Fibre Hayabusa gen 2

Sp33D

Registered
Full Carbon Fibre Hayabusa Gen 2 ??

So did anyone did it ?
Is anyone producing full CF body gear for gen 2 ?

And what about wrapping stock plastics in some carbon sheets ?
Saw Rainbow7s post of his bike with 3M carbon on bike in topic of aftermarket parts..

soooo...just wondering :;):

Last edited:
Some one make them. Seen and have a pic of one at the track...GenII full carbon body. Could NOT find owner to asked about it though.

I have made 2 copies of a carbon air-box cover with integrated seat, but the cosmetic quality wasn't good enough for leaving it bare carbon, so I primed (as shown) and painted. I'm still learning how to do the lay up. Plan on using pre-preg next time. Huge weigh reduction, plus it slams the tank height down to the air box.

tank3.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Full Carbon Fibre Hayabusa Gen 2 ??

So did anyone did it ?
Is anyone producing full CF body gear for gen 2 ?

And what about wrapping stock plastics in some carbon sheets ?
Saw Rainbow7s post of his bike with 3M carbon on bike in topic of aftermarket parts..

soooo...just wondering :;):

Almost certain theres a site that makes all carbon fiber plastics you can buy, Very pricey though... Let me try to find the thread

From what I have worked with the prepreg material is managable to work with along with a vaccume bag and the other chemicals like the catalyst. Some people say that an autoclave is needed and some say that it is not. I have not used one nor do the guys that give me tips on how to work with the stuff.

Here is one link that may / may not have the year you are looking for... Suzuki Hayabusa 1999-2007 (MacMoto Series) - OPPRACING

It seems something that looks that good would be sucked down over a solid buck...I don't think that you could use the stock panels to duplicate. In a production environment they may use machined aluminium as a form. Also, the fact that there are few / no seems showing or wrinkles looks great, but hard to do in a house garage...the nose would be difficult due to it shape.

Here is another source...there are many finding something local would cut down the ship cost if the resin include hazmat fees.... DragonPlate Carbon Fiber Composites - Carbon Fiber Sheet, carbon fiber sheets, Nomex, Square Tubes & Splices, Carbon Fiber Panel, Carbon Fiber Tube & Rod

Back