Fuggin bugs!!

sorry they came after you GS-try to ride urban freeways more. I love cruisin the country-side but there's a price to pay...n the cost is about 30 min with a soft-bristle brush n sum Simple Green on m front-end.:(

Thanks for the encouragement guys...I dont think i'll wax anymore unless I am headed for a photo-shoot ride...

I'll just ride the paint off the thing
smile.gif

1 - 1.5 hours including the waxing.

I go very detailed and before waxing I clean the chain as well. I clean the chain AFTER washing the bike and BEFORE waxing.

I know what you are talking about. Just got finished cleaning up mine from a ride Monday night. Bugs worse this year and I think the Silverstar bulb is the reason, much brighter. As long as I'm not cleaning deer off the front end I can cope with it.

<!--EDIT|GSXcite
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150931866 -->

I know the feeling. You should try new orleans during love bug season. keep her waxed good! makes for easy clean up!

Regular old dish soapy water and a sponge works great, but I have flat black paint (no waxing). Sunset is the worst time for airborne insects around here (sarajevo) just like everywhere else. I just live with it and scrub my gear and bike regularly without too much fuss. Road across northern Croatia one evening and had to stop every half hour to clean my shield and headlamp.

just use some hydrogen peroxide and a microfiber cloth, bugs come right off man, TRUST ME i have the same problem up here in Erie,PA cause its so muggy this time of year bugs are EVERYWHERE. I'm just not lookin forward to when the junebugs come out. Those lil F*CKERS are like protein BULLETS

Well...just washed and waxed the bike yesterday...all gone to sh*t tonight!!

I took the unwise decision to ride in the dark and I was molested by an army of bugs. My headlamps could pierce through the dark well enough...but I couldnt pierce through the thick blanket of bugs
sad.gif

End result - the bike's front end looks like a hairy arse - totally covered in bug-corpse-cream and tiny wings. Lil fuggers are everywhere. I am sure the engine air intake (RAM air intakes) are clogged by these winged missiles
sad.gif

I cleaned up as much as I could in the dark...have to assess the damage tomorrow and make an insurance claim for a totalled bike...yeah...thats how bad it is.

Well - so much for the bike. I look down at my mesh jacket and it is not a mesh jacket anymore. It is a fur coat full of bugsy families all dead together with their wings pointing north. BASTIDS!!

My helmet is SCREWED...all the air intakes are bugged and no amount of late-night debugging seems to help. I think there are bugs all through the air-path...need to dismantle the whole thing to look closer.

WTF - no more night-rides??

This is BS...cant ride when it rains...cant ride in the night...when it rains the bugs arent out in the night...but I cant ride...when it is dry the fuggin bugs head out to play "quidditch" and screw up my ride.

Sorry for the rant - I am now the official sponsor of team BAYGON!!

baygon_group.jpg
On one night ride of mine I hit what I'm guessing was a moth orgy......whatever they were it was like being on the losing end of a paintball war, when your the last guy facing the whole infantry.
Or you could compare it to a grape storm......or maybe a drive by fruiting
wow.gif
Either way I was going about 60 and within seconds I was blind...managed to stop without crashing but oh what a clean-up job I had. Between grapes with wings and road debris, animals, bad roads ect I tend to do most of my riding during the day anymore. Although there IS something special about a good night ride, and over the years I've riddden in everything imaginable....and even got hypothermia one long frigid night. You know I kinda miss being young and dumb sometimes
laugh.gif

sad.gif

Just got back from my first night ride, what a BEAUTIFUL night and broke in my new Firstgear leather jacket. I DID however get smacked by what felt like a Pteradactyl in the neck so bad that when we stopped and went into McDonald's my buddy died laughing when he saw I had guts splattered all the way up my cheek inside my Shoei! Ah, to live in the South....

Thanks for the encouragement guys...I dont think i'll wax anymore unless I am headed for a photo-shoot ride...

I'll just ride the paint off the thing
smile.gif
Much easier to wipe bugs off waxed paint...
tounge.gif
Absolutely! Keep it waxed! I was covered when I got home tonight. I could hardly see through my face shield and it got cleaned 3 times during our ride. My jacket and pants are covered as well as the bike of course. Just part of the deal!!!
You want to play you have to pay!!! With elbow grease.
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Back