Got a new Busa last night

leavundst

Registered
Hi all, just picked up a new busa with a buddy at Chicago Cycle Center last night. I got the black he got the silver. What a great bike had a great time last night and today in the morning. Look forward to bugging all of you will all sorts of stupid questions. Speaking of which can anyone tell me where the manual is? Can’t find it under the rear seat. Thanks

Welcome
smile.gif
I own a '03 silver/grey myself.  If you are referring to the owners manual, you probably should of got one from the dealer when u purchased the bike along with the spare key?  Thats when i got mine.

If you are referring to aservice manual, check out this <a href="https://www.hayabusa.org/cgi-bin/busa/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=6;t=3293">thread<a>. It may be for an older model but alot/most of it still applies.

The Owners manual should be under your rear seat in a black plastic envelope with a snap. If not check the box your Hump came in, failing that tell your Dealer you didn't get one and they should hook you up.

Be sure to ease into the Busa just a little...have fun man...

and Welcome.

Welcome. For your first mod, I recomend getting a digital camera and take pictures of a nice side by side, or head to head big ass smokin burnout.

Hope that helps.
Jeff

leavundst: Chicago Cycle Center claims they have the lowest prices out there.
What did you pay Out the door for Yours?
They will quote you the lowest price but then mark it up some. I got quoted 10,400 out the door at Schaumburg, spoke with Tim Luporini. But they didn’t have the silver in stock for my buddy so I went to Chicago Cycle just to look at it. I get there and the sales man, Nestor, is like well I can do $10064 out the door. So I think to my self why not. Tell him to get the financing the order and come back Monday (yesterday). I come back and do the financing and then the pitch the warranty. The pitch, witch sounds illegal, is this. If you don't buy the extended warranty your interest rate from Suzuki is 16%, if you do get the warranty its 12%. So if you finance for 5 years it's actually cheaper with the warranty. The warranty was $795. That’s how they make up the loss, Tim at Schaumburg told me they where going to do that and he told me the warranty is only $400. I tried haggling on the warranty but they did not budge, by that time is was like 9:40, the soon to be mine shiny busa was already outside, and I realized that the price would have been 10.8 at Schaumburg anyway so I paid 10,859 with the 3 year warranty out the door. I gave 2k down and paying $202 a month my buddy 0 down and he’s paying $243 a month. If this is confusing let me know, maybe I can clarify.

Welcome and congratulations!

The dealer should give you a copy of the owner's manual if you can't find it.

Ask all the questions you want. The only stupid question is: "Is it Fast?"

leavundst: Chicago Cycle Center claims they have the lowest prices out there.
What did you pay Out the door for Yours?
They will quote you the lowest price but then mark it up some. I got quoted 10,400 out the door at Schaumburg, spoke with Tim Luporini. But they didn’t have the silver in stock for my buddy so I went to Chicago Cycle just to look at it. I get there and the sales man, Nestor, is like well I can do $10064 out the door. So I think to my self why not. Tell him to get the financing the order and come back Monday (yesterday). I come back and do the financing and then the pitch the warranty. The pitch, witch sounds illegal, is this. If you don't buy the extended warranty your interest rate from Suzuki is 16%, if you do get the warranty its 12%. So if you finance for 5 years it's actually cheaper with the warranty. The warranty was $795. That’s how they make up the loss, Tim at Schaumburg told me they where going to do that and he told me the warranty is only $400. I tried haggling on the warranty but they did not budge, by that time is was like 9:40, the soon to be mine shiny busa was already outside, and I realized that the price would have been 10.8 at Schaumburg anyway so I paid 10,859 with the 3 year warranty out the door. I gave 2k down and paying $202 a month my buddy 0 down and he’s paying $243 a month. If this is confusing let me know, maybe I can clarify.
Dude you wound up with a Busa for decent price, BUT they are screwing you on the warranty. That is complete BS. Your ride comes with a one year warranty out the door. The extended warranty is a 4 year plan that starts after your first year. Cost? Right about $450 and you can buy the warranty anytime within the first year.

Bottom Line, you got drug through the freakin coals on this warranty BS. You got the bike you wanted for the right around what you were going to pay most anywhere else, so thats all good, but the dealers tactics piss me off. Time for a NIce Ice BaseBall through the front glass.....
mad.gif

Fun tool Dudes, Remeber, the break in is for you as much as it is for the Busa!

mad.gif
(####, with last nights upgrade we lost the fun "emoticon's)

purplespinningskull.gif

Thanks guys, I went back to the dealer and got the manuals.
Already got 240 miles on it, hard to believe it had zero on Monday. I'm already making arrangements to take her in for first service and then take her our for a 2k mile run next weekend.

Revlis, the dealer told me it's a three year warranty that starts after the first year and it's from Suzuki. So it's a total of 48 month unlimited miles.

Glad to hear you now own one of the fastest bikes on the planet.....enjoy...just be careful out there......Rocket ON!

Back