fueling, multi function hub and ams500

arthur39

Registered
just wondering if u think this will work well, Gen 1 busa, want about 8-9psi max, I have a fmu, I got a good deal on an ams500 wanted to run spring on first gear, then first stage turned on in second gear, then the second stage from 3rd gear on up, I was wondering if the dynojet multifunction hub would work well, to activate the selenoids and add fuel with the gm 3bar,I am also considering s2000 injectors, any feedback on how to get this to work correctly would be appreciated. Fmu recalibrated as well for the s2000

hey authur id call or talk to powerhouse they are in your neck of the woods and tune bikes
he might have options or ideas for you on this??

will do chris, I will be using the hub with 3bar sensor, I was told it would be easier just to launch with spring, then just use one stage on the ams500, and use the computer through the hub to tell it when to come on, I have an ecu flasher for the gen 1, i'm wondering how to activate it that way as well, i'd like to keep the shift light and activate it through the gears if anyone knows how.
if anyone else chimes in, im hoping to use the bike as a daily driver as well, and was wondering if the stock injectors would work for this or should I consider going to a larger injectors?

I have the ams500 and have it configured the way your talking about. The only way to do it without have switches or any buttons that I have found is with Greg's (BoostBySmith) GBC6. The bad part is he doesnt make them anymore but thats the way to go,I'd look for a used one. If you find another way to trigger the the different stages let me know.

Greg does offer a modifed Healtech Gi-Pro with mini display also can come with programable ground output opiton in place of his GBC6

i looked into the gipro with ground as well, just thought the hub might allow more control, and easier to map when on the dyno, since it can be used with tps and gear sensor, not sure though, i will be researching it more, want to check out if the ecu can trigger it as well, i do have a flasher

If you just want to trigger 1 stage based on gear, Schnitz has a module that will do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

one other things, did u guys like the way the bike ran with this king of set up? stock injectors? would you consider it streetable as well? thanks

I asked Greg a while ago if there was a way to trigger the ams with the ecu via the ecu flasher and he said there wasnt. If you do find a way I would love to know,simply to get rid of another box.

I run secondaries so I cant help you on your other questions. I dont know how well you could tune your bike with different stages of boost and a fmu.

I asked Greg a while ago if there was a way to trigger the ams with the ecu via the ecu flasher and he said there wasnt. If you do find a way I would love to know,simply to get rid of another box.

I run secondaries so I cant help you on your other questions. I dont know how well you could tune your bike with different stages of boost and a fmu.

The hub can be configured to trigger solenoids, and it can also be set up through a GM 3 bar map to add fuel based on boost levels. It can be accurately mapped on the dyno to provide the proper A/F at every boost level you are running, and in between. Your ECU can be flashed to accomodate the larger injectors, unify fuel and ignition maps, activate a hardcut, and eliminate ram-air compensation, among other things. It sounds like you already have everything you need and that you have done the research. A recalibrated FMU for the bigger injectors and a proper tune will make the bike run seamless, and have you at the right A/F regardless of your boost level. The custom dyno tune will be the thing that brings it all together.:beerchug:

The hub can be configured to trigger solenoids, and it can also be set up through a GM 3 bar map to add fuel based on boost levels. It can be accurately mapped on the dyno to provide the proper A/F at every boost level you are running, and in between. Your ECU can be flashed to accomodate the larger injectors, unify fuel and ignition maps, activate a hardcut, and eliminate ram-air compensation, among other things. It sounds like you already have everything you need and that you have done the research. A recalibrated FMU for the bigger injectors and a proper tune will make the bike run seamless, and have you at the right A/F regardless of your boost level. The custom dyno tune will be the thing that brings it all together.:beerchug:

If he used a hub to trigger the different stages would it still be gear based? or would it have to have a button or swich to activate the solenoids?

good to know about the gm3 bar:thumbsup:

i looked into the gipro with ground as well, just thought the hub might allow more control, and easier to map when on the dyno, since it can be used with tps and gear sensor, not sure though, i will be researching it more, want to check out if the ecu can trigger it as well, i do have a flasher

Never mind Frank I just got my answer about the hub when I reread Arthur's post.He already answered it for me

that's it then, thanks a bunch everyone! hopefully i'll get this up and running, shortly, I'd like to get it to powerhouse in the spring

Back