fuel tank adapter and still have fuel level gauge?

badass1000

Registered
I have a 09 busa I will be turboing. I will be installing a billet fuel tank adapter plate and would like to keep a functioning gas gauge. I have searched sh.org and this website and havn't found much of any info. I found a few pics of some done on sh.org. Looks like mainly build something to mount the sensor and float on the tank adapter and run the two wires for the sensor through the tank adapter. Having some problems finding some power isolation studs that are rated for fuel to run the wires into the tank. This is all I could find.

Fuel Tank Power Isolation Stud | eBay

Doesn't look like it is long enough to go through a 3/16" or so fuel tank adapter plate. I guess I could email the seller to see if he could make me some thing that would work.

Any have any more info, tips, or tricks??

thank you.
jeremy

I made similar with plastic washers and the airshifter type plastic tube and a stainless bolt
the ebay one looks good , i agree try the seller , you will need a accurate size if he is wiling to make a busa fitting
there is potentially a bit of a market for them .

yeah. I guess I could make my own isolation stud. just use a gasket on both sides of the adapter with a washer on top of that. then put a piece of air line over the stud when it goes through the adapter. For $10 I would probably just send the ebay guy a email.

I havn't bought the adapter yet. I would like a nlr adapter, but for the price I will probably just get a sae outlaw performance one and a billet rear brake reservoir for the same price. I guess I need to order one so I can know for sure what thickness the stud needs to go through.

So what does Frank do?

IMAG0501.jpg

MVC-002F-19.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine has a fitting tapped in just where that Suzuki Sticker is in the above photo and my fuel line hooks up to that. No adaptor or anything needed.

I removed my fuel pump from the assembly inside the tank and drilled a hole on the very bottom of casing right where that sticker is. Same as described by Rocketmn. Used an -6an fitting with a nut and two o-rings. I haven't had it leak yet.

Back