Fuel puddle

E Zurcher

Registered
I bought my bike in October and as the days are getting warmer I have noticed a small spot of fuel forms under my bike at the vent lines that extend through the rectifier cover. I think this may be normal but I just wanted to check to see if anyone else has this happen. It's been cool in the morning and warming up to around 75 in the afternoon the last couple of days. Our parking lot has a metal plate for bike kickstands so the spot is about 3 inches in diameter. Probably 3 or four drops of gas. There are two vent lines. I think the smaller one is for the battery. The fuel comes from the larger one. Thoughts?

never had this issue whatsoever. Even when I fill it right to the neck, never had any come out those tubes.

Took a look at the service manual. They are fuel tank vents. I'll look some more and see if anything is pinched or misrouted.

also check your cap.. it should be sealing pretty tight. when you close the cap, it blocks off the overfill tube regardless. when my 09 was knocked over, she had a full tank, not 1 drop of fuel came out of it.

My 08 did that once, i filled up the tank and had the bike parked outside in the scorching heat for an hour or so, and there was a little puddle of fuel under the hoses. Only time it has happened though. If it happens on a completely full tank and the bike is outside in the heat i would think that would be ok, the fuel expands in the heat and the hoses vent a little fuel out if it expands too much. If it happens frequently though i would say u have a problem

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back