fuel leakage from vent tube

Greetings fellow Busaers

I'm having an fuel leakage issue with my 02 Busa, the larger of the two vent tube coming off the bottom of the tank is leaking a good amount of fuel.
The bike has only 5,000 miles on it and Ive checked the inside of the tank and I cant see any rust and corrosion and ive blown air there the lines to clear them out of debris. When the tank is quite low the leak stops, its very consistent and will leave a little puddle at times, the bike does run rich and is in need of a tune up but I feel that wouldn't have anything to due with the vent lines and when the gas cap is open it still leaks, so in my mind that would rule out a bad gas cap.

Can someone help me out?

very cautious about someone smoking around this bike.

The leak? Its like having a nail in a new tire, it may be new but it doesn't negate the fact there is a leak...

Seems like the most logical option.

-D

Ok I hear you, there are two vent lines leading to the gas cap, could I block the one leaking out of the tank, plug it? Just trying to save cash, the ones I see for even 100,200 are all banged up and need work, a new one will run 300 easy and mine is sooo pretty

Ok I hear you, there are two vent lines leading to the gas cap, could I block the one leaking out of the tank, plug it? Just trying to save cash, the ones I see for even 100,200 are all banged up and need work, a new one will run 300 easy and mine is sooo pretty

Could weld it, or use epoxy in which case be prepared to do it again, and again.. Or bite the bullet and get another tank and make it pretty. Or keep the tank that is leaking and hope a random spark doesn't light the leak and turns you into the Ghost Rider.

best

-D

It sounds like you have some sort of blockag in the tank. I haven't heard of that problem before. Sorry no help but welcome to the org and good luck on the fix!

If your tank really does have a hole in the vent tube and you want to keep the tank you have one option would be to line the tank with a product like this, Kreem | Fuel Tank Liner or this, Damon Industries Red-Kote RED KOTE - Fuel Tank Liner | O'Reilly Auto Parts

My 954 always used to leave a puddle of fuel under it on a hot day, I always blamed it on the black tank causing excessive fuel temps. Is it possible that you still have a high vapor pressure winter fuel in the bike?

Getting the tank 100% fuel free and very dry is the hard part of the process.

Dude I hear You
how bout this You make like a catch basin, like the one that holds the coolant with the drain hose going right into it and it has a cool connector on it and so what you have to drain it back into your tank.
beat dropping 400 plus or fixing some other ****ed up one with rust dents etc

Thanks Bro
No winter fuel, its been leaking since I replaced the kinked vent tubes. But the one leaking is internal and metal,when the fuel is quite low there is no leak. The tank is in new condition no rust, perfect paint,

Back